The Senior Manager, Global Brand Communications role will develop therapeutic area and brand communications strategies and plans, including brand public relations, media, corporate reputation and disease education communications. The ideal candidate possesses a good blend of strategic planning, business partner engagement expertise, and strong communication skills to collaborate and engage with others, and execute against Corporate Affairs strategies in support of the business.
- Provide day-to-day oversight of Jazz content development for media relations for corporate and brand milestones, with the aim of cultivating a steady stream of press coverage for the company.
- Serve as liaison to therapeutic area and brand teams, representing Corporate Affairs on cross-functional brand teams.
- Manage cross-functional communications plans to support product approvals and launches.
- Develop and manage the approval of press releases for brand announcements and supporting media materials, such as reserved press statements and Q&As.
- Coordinate and execute the development of external communications strategies to drive awareness around data, brand achievements, and patient programs and materials
- Create content for Jazz external, corporate channels (i.e. Jazz website and social media platforms) to raise awareness of disease and scientific areas of focus
- Monitor external coverage of Jazz and products in trade and business news across all platforms and develop KPIs to measure impact.
- Provide strategic communications support for Jazz senior leadership as needed, such as developing speech content/ talking points, briefing books and research materials, and staff key events.
- Support issues management at the corporate and brand level, with focus on ensuring alignment and readiness on key issues identified through periodic risk analysis.
- Support direct agency resources to deliver key projects/deliverables on time and within budget.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 5-7 years of progressive leadership in a biotech and/or pharmaceuticals company or at a communications/PR agency, handling corporate communications, product communications, social media, clinical data communications, pre-approval and product launch communications strategies, issues management, media relations, corporate philanthropy, and collaboration with advocacy/professional alliance programs.
- Understanding of public relations or communications in the pharmaceutical industry and across different stages of molecule development.
- Experience supporting global pharmaceutical brand launches
- Experience in diverse aspects of brand communications, including media relations, content development for multiple platforms, senior executive support with financial and/or Corporate Social Responsibility/sustainability experience a plus.
- Expertise in social media a plus.
- Proven ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others across business units, functional departments, geographies and disciplines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including excellent presentation, facilitation and listening skills.
- Skilled in communicating complex scientific information to a variety of audiences.
- Detail-oriented, self-initiating, organized, and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously and independently.
- Familiarity with regulatory and compliance standards in the healthcare industry.
- A high level of energy and passion toward patients, science and public health.
- Experience working with multiple external stakeholders, both domestically and internationally.
- Healthcare PR agency experience and/or in-market brand communications experience
- Experience supporting oncology or neuroscience products or business units preferred
- Demonstrated ability to operate successfully within a dynamic team culture and changing environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead through influence and network. Highly professional demeanor and diplomatic skills. Ability to create effective partnerships at all levels of the organization as a collaborative team player.
- Results-orientation in setting and pursuing aggressive goals, demonstrating a strong commitment to organizational success and managing resources.
- Strong work ethic; highest standards of ethics and compliance with laws.
Required/Preferred Education And Licenses
- A Bachelor's degree; advanced degree a plus
Description Of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
- Roughly 20-30% annual travel
Description Of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of normal work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.