Job DescriptionJob Title: Interventional Technologist
Job ID: 34534214
Hours: Monday thru Friday, 4 10 hour shifts, plus call
Shift: Day Job
Department: Neuro Interventional
Performs imaging procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision. Competently performs a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for diagnostic purposes.
This position will work between the UPMC Presbyterian and UPMC Mercy Neuro Interventional departments.Responsibilities:
- Administers contrast in accordance with assigned protocols under the direction of the proceduralist.
- Demonstrates proper positioning and appropriate radiographic techniques for all interventional procedures.
- Exhibits a clear understanding of correct patient preparation, equipment operations and patient monitoring systems.
- Identifies all patients properly by using two patient identifiers and utilizes universal protocol when performing procedures.
- Reviews patient history and assesses physician orders, applying specific departmental protocols for optimal results in the acquisition of data.
- Documents patient history in electronic record as required.
- Fosters an environment that supports aseptic technique during procedures and patient safety with the incorporation of a time-out process.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate instructions to patients in a clear and concise manner and explain procedures to help allay the patient's fears and solicit their cooperation.
- Ensures all exams within his/her area of responsibility are properly coded and tracked through RIS system, all exams are properly networked to ISITE for archiving and interpretation, and all charges are adequately entered for the exams performed.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to interact with both patients and co-workers, while displaying a high level of caring, listening, dignity and respect.
- Able to work as team member within the department and all other departments to expedite patient care efficiently.
- Supports other departments performing general radiographic procedures, if needed.
Qualifications Graduate of an ARRT approved school of Radiologic Technology.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- ARRT certified as a Radiologic Technologist is required.
- Must obtain VI registry within 18 months of hire date
- CPR or BLS Required
- CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- ARRT Certificate
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Act 34
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Salary Range: $22.90 to $36.63 / hour
Union Position: No
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.