Job DescriptionJob Title: Groundskeeper - (Full-Time) Sherwood Oaks
Job ID: 13024711
Hours: 8AM - 430PM
Shift: Day Job
Facility: Sherwood Oaks Retirement Community
The Groundskeeper will maintain landscape and grounds in accordance with established schedules and instructions. Participate in all grounds keeping including landscaping, gardening, turf management, hard surface maintenance, snow removal, litter control, signage, irrigation systems, etc.
- Exhibit, both verbally and behaviorally, a commitment to the values of service excellence in carrying out on-going duties.
- Serve as a role model of service excellence for the institutions by providing quality services that are responsive to client needs, proactive in scope and accessible in nature.
- Adhere to the Basics of Service Excellence in all interactions with clients and the public.
- Use the Basics of Service Excellence as a guide, respond to the needs of individual patients, employees, department or other organizations with courtesy, respect and a positive outlook that reflects the team effort of the department.
- Provide upkeep of grounds equipment
- Record work orders and submit hours to supervisor on a daily basis
- Maintain a positive outlook and interactions with co-workers, which contribute to the team effort of the department.
- Perform all work following infection control procedures.
- Maintain clean and safe work area, equipment rooms and shop areas.
- Able to accept flexible working hours and shifts
- Perform other related duties and grounds maintenance work with minimal supervision. Assist with litter control in all assigned areas.
- Perform litter control on an as needed basis or as directed by supervisor
- Assist with power-wash and maintenance of hard surface paved areas, sidewalks, etc.
- Operate equipment including lawn care, power washers, and, weed eaters, edgers, sprayers, hoes, shovels, hand tools, snow plows, snow blowers, motorized vehicles, etc., and related landscape equipment as required.
- Participate in the proper care of landscape and grounds.
High school diploma.
Work outdoors in different weather conditions with exposure to the elements required.
Ability to stand, walk, etc. for extended periods also, bend, stoop, kneel, lift, shovel, etc. required.
Exert up to 100 lbs of force occasionally required.
Ability to work overtime or off-hours when necessary.
Landscaping experience preferred.
Working knowledge of proper pruning of trees and shrubs preferred.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Salary Range: $13.30 to $20.23 / hour
Union Position: No
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.