When you work at Stewart,you're part of a global real-estate services company that helps make the dreamof property ownership a reality around the world. Whether we're providingresidential and commercial title insurance, closing and settlement services orspecialized offerings for the mortgage industry, we deliver comprehensiveservice, deep expertise and innovative customer solutions by way of our directoperations, network of Stewart Trusted Providers and family of companies. Joinour team and discover how Stewart Information Services Company (NYSE-STC)impacts lives for the better. We do more than offer broad-scale real-estateservices and solutions; we provide the security for building communities anddreams.
Stewart. Real partners. Realpossibilities. More information can be found at , subscribe to the Stewart blog at or follow Stewart on Twitter .
Under direct supervision, performs any combination of basic clerical and administrative support tasks requiring general knowledge and application of various established work methods and procedures.
* Duties may include, but are not restricted to, answering phones, conveying messages, running errands, opening and routing incoming mail, preparing outgoing mail, copying, scanning, faxing and/or filing, writing, typing, or entering information into computer; preparing, issuing, and sending out a variety of correspondence, reports, receipts, bills, policies, invoices, statements, etc.
* Proofreads, checks, analyzes, and classifies materials.
* May issue documents in accordance with departmental rules, legal or statutory requirements.
* Assists the department in carrying out various programs and procedures.
* Enters data into a computer, prepares reports, general documents and correspondence, prepares PowerPoint presentations, and routes documents for approval and signature (including departmental invoices).
* Assembles various reports, etc for distribution to internal and external management personnel, etc.
* Files and maintains departmental records.
* May answer multiple phone lines, organizes meetings and may attend to take notes; interacts with internal and external sources via e-mail and telephone.
* Sorts and distributes mail to the department.
* Orders office supplies as needed.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Role Specific Knowledge:
* Basic computer skills including some knowledge of MS Office software and Internet applications.
* Good communication skills.
* Skill in mathematics sufficient to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
* Must be organized with focus on detail and able to function well in a multi-task environment.
* Exhibit a professional and positive attitude as a team player.
Education, Licensure, and Experience:
* Completion of a High School diploma.
* Minimum of 0-2 years of experience in assistant work which includes experience in an administrative role.
Returning Job Seekers
Already have a candidate profile? Log in to access and update your current profile to access and update your current profile.
Stewart employees should access Careers through the Stewart Point internal jobs database.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Stewart is committed toensuring that its online application process provides an equal employmentopportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If youbelieve you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a jobopening or to submit an application, please contact us by calling1-800-729-1904 Option 4 or by email at .