Job DescriptionJob Title: Emergency Department Patient Services Representative (Wellsboro - Fulltime)
Job ID: 42308803
Shift: Day Job
Facility: Corporate Revenue Cycle
Department: Rev Cyc Patient Access
UPMC Corporate Services is hiring an ED Patient Services Representative to support the Patient Access department located at UPMC Soldiers and Sailors.
Status: Full-time, 40 Hours per week
Shift: (2) shifts of (3p - 11pm) and (2) shifts of (11a - 11p) some night shift coverage required.
Days: Varied days including weekends and holidays.
An ED Patient Services Representative is responsible for welcoming patients upon arrival, promoting the usage of new and emerging consumer friendly technologies, educating patients on their copayments and financial obligations and collecting payments when applicable, connecting patients to financial advocacy resources when appropriate, updating patient's demographics and insurance coverage information, collecting consent signatures and promoting an overall culture of service excellence. We are seeking candidates with a strong health care background and a desire to be empowered to ensure a positive experience during a patient's visit to a UPMC Hospital.
- Responsible for reconciliation and maintenance of First Net Emergency Department Tracking Board and Hospital ADT system.
- Accountable for accurate registration into hospital ADT and/or clinical system during system downtime with monitoring and reconciliation of every patient for accuracy.Central Resource for all ADT registration and problem resolution during evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Confirms insurance eligibility, accountable for third party reimbursement and coordination of benefits to support a seamless billing process.
- Counsels patients regarding insurance coverage and expected financial liability. Collects and records patient payments including co-payments, co-insurance, and deductibles on the day of service.
- Provides a warm greeting for all patientsSupport and contribute to UPMC core values and guiding principles of Your Care. Our Commitment and abide by all UPMC departmental policies, procedures and goals in the process of performing all job responsibilities. Incorporates acts of dignity and respect in daily interactions.
- Proper patient identification to start clinical record (utilizing biometrics if applicable)
- Facilitator of financial gatekeeping with clinical partners.
- Accountable for maintaining a close working relationship with clinical partners to assure continual open communication with pertinent information obtained such as any alias name changes, information blocks to prevent release of information, and behavioral health insurance payors to assure timely data integrity of accounts.
- Obtains or updates necessary demographic and insurance related information.
- Works independently to perform a timely patient interview and registration for services at the bed side.
- Generates and completes all applicable forms and necessary communications. Obtains applicable signature for consent to treat and financial responsibility, along with signatures on any required forms, while following all HIPAA rules and regulations and maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Ability to remain calm and professional when faced with stressful situations, while simultaneously prioritizing all work activities.
- Anticipates and responds to inquiries from patients, visitors, hospital personnel, government agencies, etc. under all conditions and circumstances.
- Completion of High School graduate or equivalent.
- 2 years' experience in a healthcare or 1 year in a medical/billing/fiscal setting or 6 months in a UPMC Patient Access Position
- Medical Terminology, third party health care coverage experience and strong understanding of managed care regulations are preferred
- Experience with personal computer based applications, other various office equipment and proficient typing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Initiative to work productively with minimal supervision.
- Able to work well under pressure.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Salary Range: $14.98 to $22.48 / hour
Union Position: No
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.