Business Unit Overview
Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in Food.
Michael Foods, Inc. located in Klingerstown, Pennyslvania known for their ice cream socials at Klingerstown Lutheran Parish, fishing rodeo, and fireman's parade.
$17.00 hr. + $1.50 Shift differential
The purpose of the loader is to supply the machines with flats of shell eggs ensuring they never run out while keeping pace with production. Three loaders must supply the lines with flats of shell eggs. They should be able to lift and carry 6 flats of eggs at a time (approximately 20-30 lbs.) safely, ensuring that the lines never run out.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Loaders constantly supply optiloader conveyors with flats of shell eggs, picking up 6 flats at a time safely from a nearby skid.
- Remove and stack dividers or skid sheets (between the flats of eggs on the skid) to the designated area.
- Remove and stack empty skids to the designated area.
- Remove empty flats from the optiloader machine and stack them in the designated area.
- Supply candlers with flats of fill-in eggs.
- Assist in monitoring optiloader machine to remove any jams.
- Expected to adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP and HACCP guidelines, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained in order to maintain SQF certification. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- No prior experience or training.
- Ability to read a limited number of two-and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving one concrete variable in standardized situations.
- Ability to obtain Powered Industrial Truck (PIT) Certification
- Ability to lift and move empty skids weighing up to 50 lbs. safely
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bending, stooping and reaching while lifting, turning and carrying approximately 20-30 lbs. or 6 flats of eggs
- Ability to follow verbal instructions
- Ability to work indoors in a wet, humid environment
- Ability to travel stairs.
- Ability to work well with others and be a team player
- Driver's license
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's) and Safety regulations for the area
- Wear the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for the job including a bump cap, earplugs and steel tip boots.
- Ability to operate specific equipment or tools.
- Medical (HSA/PPO)
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Retirement Plan w/ match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Paid holidays and PTO on Day 1
- Growth opportunities
- Incentive Plan
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and may not include all of the duties required of the position.
Michael Foods, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or a physical or mental disability.