Lehigh Valley Reilly Children's Hospital * Child Life Department
2545 Schoenersville Road, Bethlehem, PA
Per Diem Status, Day Shift, 7am-3pm
Req # 58493
Join a team that delivers excellence.
Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN) is home to nearly 20,000 colleagues who make up our talented, vibrant and diverse workforce.
Join our team and experience firsthand what it's like to be part of a health care organization that's nationally recognized, forward-thinking and offers plenty of opportunity to do great work.
Functions to enhance the normal process of lactation and prevents, assesses, and manages lactation problems in the in-patient setting. Focuses on the needs and concerns of the breastfeeding mother and infant(s) and advocates for the breastfeeding family in preventing, recognizing, and resolving breastfeeding difficulties while promoting improved breastfeeding outcomes. Functions within the Scope of Practice as defined by the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners (IBLCE) and follows Standards of Practice as defined by their professional association, International Lactation Consultant Association; adheres to policies, procedures, and guidelines of care.
Education - Required:
Education - Preferred:
Experience - Required:
- Bachelor's Degree Nursing
Experience - Preferred:
- 3 years of experience in lactation counseling.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities - Required:
- 2 years of experience working in a Maternal Child Health Nursing Setting.
Licensure - Required:
- Ability to perform assessments and nursing functions as acquired in a basic nursing preparation program.
- Creates an environment that promotes learning for staff and families.
- Participates appropriately in communication and decision making activities.
- Knowledge of adult learning principles.
- Knowledge of consulting methods, tools, and techniques.
- Plans, teaches, and conducts education for healthcare providers.
- Plans, organizes, and delivers lactation management services to breastfeeding families.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians, and coworkers being an advocate for the families.
- Ability to evaluate families response to care and initiate independent and/or collaborative changes where appropriate.
Certifications - Required:
- Registered Nurse Upon Hire
Licensure - Preferred:
- Health Services\BCLS - Basic Life Support Upon Hire and
- IBCLC - International Board Certified Lactation Consultant For internal candidates, must obtain within specified time. within 180 Days
- NRP - Neonatal Resuscitation Program within 1 Year
LVHN hospitals in the Lehigh Valley are the only hospitals in the region to have received Magnet recognition five consecutive times since 2002. This prestigious recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center demonstrates our commitment to nursing excellence and quality patient outcomes. LVHN is home to five clinical institutes. Each serve as a hub for innovation, collaboration and education. Our institutes include Lehigh Valley Topper Cancer Institute, Lehigh Valley Heart and Vascular Institute, Lehigh Valley Institute for Surgical Excellence, Lehigh Valley Fleming Neuroscience Institute and Lehigh Valley Orthopedic Institute. LVHN is also home to Lehigh Valley Reilly Children's Hospital, which is the only children's hospital in the region. This hospital gives our community access to more than 30 pediatric specialties, Children's ExpressCARE locations and a dedicated Children's ER.
We've been consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report as the top hospital in the region and among the best in the state. We're also Great Place to Work-Certified, which means an overwhelming majority of our colleagues have a positive experience at LVHN.
These designations tell you that LVHN is a great place to work from hire to retire. If you are someone who aligns with LVHN's core values - Compassion, Integrity, Collaboration and Excellence - you will have a rewarding and successful career here.
Influenza vaccination is required at most LVHN facilities for all colleagues with patient contact unless medically contraindicated or due to a bona fide religious belief or practice, and is strongly encouraged for all colleagues. Applicants possessing a medical marijuana card will not be considered for safety sensitive positions.
Lehigh Valley Health Network is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with, and where applicable, in addition to federal, state and local employment regulations, Lehigh Valley Health Network will provide employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or other such protected classes as may be defined by law. All personnel actions and programs will adhere to this policy. Personnel actions and programs include, but are not limited to recruitment, selection, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, educational programs and/or social activities.