445 Oriana RdSuite 18,Newport News,Virginia,23608-3742,United States of America
DaVita is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) to give life in an outpatient dialysis center. Nephrology nursing is a growing specialty with opportunities for career advancement and building relationships with patients. You will work daytime hours in a dynamic team environment.
1 year Dialysis experience required for RN Float.
What you can expect as a Registered Nurse (RN):
- Long term patient relationships. You will get to know the patients you serve as an RN
- A team that feels and functions like a family. Fun is one of our core values. Happier nurses = healthier patients
- Shifts are typically 10-12 hours, 3-4 days per week Monday - Saturday (rotating Saturdays). Most of our RNs work early morning / day shifts.No nights, no Sundays
What we'll provide as a Registered Nurse (RN):
- Paid training:New to dialysis nursing? We offer paid training so you can learn specialty dialysis nurse skills. The RN training is a mix of classroom, hands-on, and 1:1 time with a preceptor
- Career paths in nursing. Whether you choose to remain in a patient facing/caregiving nurse role or explore other opportunities (leadership operations, corporate functions, integrated care, clinical research), we offer over 50 career paths for RNs
- Comprehensive benefits:Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match, paid time off, PTO cash out
- Support for you and your family:family resources, counseling sessions, Headspace, backup child and elder care, maternity/paternity leave and more
- Development programs for RNs: develop your supervisory or clinical leadership skill set, 100+ CEU courses at no cost, multiple nurse career paths
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of practice; Graduate Nurse pre-licensure available in some locations. New grad nurses are welcome!
- Associate or Bachelor in Nursing
- A desire to deliver care in an empathetic, compassionate way
- Ability to assess, troubleshoot and make sound recommendations
- Excellent communication skills & empathy to listen and communicate with patients and teammates
- Basic computer skills and proficiency
Nice to have:
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU) RN, Critical Care Unit (CCU) RN, Emergency Room (ER) RN, or Medical Surgical (Med Surg) RN experience
- Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN) or Certified Dialysis Nurse (CDN) RN
DaVita is an equal opportunity employer - Vet and Disability. To learn more click here.
Schedule an interview
At DaVita, we strive to be a community first and a company second. We want all teammates to experience DaVita as "a place where I belong." Our goal is to embed Diversity & Belonging into everything we do in our Village, so that it becomes part of who we are. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. As such, individuals are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Salary/ Wage Range
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. DaVita offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more at
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.