At Pfizer Inflammation & Immunology, we strive to deliver breakthroughs that enable freedom from day-to-day suffering for people living with autoimmune and chronic inflammatory diseases. Our current Gastroenterology portfolio of approved medicines and investigational molecules spans multiple action and delivery mechanisms, from small molecules to biologics and biosimilars. As Pfizer endeavors to expand its leadership in I&I, we are preparing for the potential launch of two new medicines in the next year to support patients with ulcerative colitis and Crohn's Disease. These assets will be complementary to the current portfolio, potentially enabling treatment of a broader sub-set of IBD patients.
This Senior Manager will join a team of Business Analytics & Insights (BAI) colleagues supporting the Global & US Gastroenterology commercial franchise to ensure the delivery of high-quality strategic business decision support, including investment decisions and commercial strategies and tactics. They will act as a strategic partner to frame, investigate, and answer key business questions through market research and analytics plans, globally and within countries. These plans will include a combination of primary market research, key performance tracking, and customer data mining to fully understand, generate insights, and contribute to franchise strategy. To be an effective global thought partner, this person will need to collaborate closely with BAI, commercial and medical colleagues in regions to ensure the alignment and coordination of research.
This role is dynamic, fast-paced, highly collaborative, and covers a broad range of strategic topics that are critical to our business. The successful candidate will join Business Analytics and Insights (BAI) colleagues worldwide that are dedicated to helping to drive business through proactive thought leadership, innovative research capabilities, and the ability to communicate complex and dynamic information in new and creative ways. As a team, we collaborate to turn data into meaningful insights that will have a direct impact on patient's lives and the future of Pfizer as a data-driven organization.
Inform Gastroenterology Global Strategies and Tactics through Actionable Insights
- Provide business analytics leadership to the Gastroenterology GLocal brand teams to enable timely business decisions. Act as strategic partner to frame, investigate, and answer key business questions related to their global strategies and tactics directed towards patients.
- Lead identification of information needs, development of research and data analysis plans, management of the research process, and communication of actionable insights in order to proactively identify business challenges / opportunities and how to address them.
- Clearly communicate insights to a range of internal stakeholders and Pfizer leadership teams to broadly inform key decision makers. When needed, organize cross-functional workshops to embed insights into action plans or ensure brand readiness prior to new competitive launches.
Providing thought leadership to the Business Analytics and Insights team
- Identify opportunities for using creative and more efficient data gathering methodologies.
- Support projects across the BAI organization through best practice and idea sharing.
- Support and enable knowledge management standards, continuous improvement, and consistent service delivery across BAI.
- Build and sustain strong collaborative working relationship across BAI, including global and regional colleagues.
- Ensure 100% compliance to Customer Engagement Program (CEP) rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Business partner satisfaction
- Business impact created
- Level of innovation provided
- Budget adherence
- 100% of Projects in compliance with CEP regulations
- 7+ years of strong multi-discipline analytical experience, or 6+ years experience, with a preference for experience in the pharmaceutical industry, management consulting, commercial or operations roles
- Experience leading and managing complex projects
- Skilled with the tools of primary (qualitative and quantitative) and secondary research and data analysis; demonstrated ability to triangulate data across multiple sources
- Experience leading and achieving results through matrixed organizations.
- Experienced in budget management and resource allocation
- MA, MS, MBA or equivalent advanced degree in business or healthcare
- Experience in merging data sets and conducting analytics to inform decisions, using VAW, Tableau or other tools
- Analytical Thinker: Understands how to synthesize facts and information from varied data sources, both new and pre-existing, into discernable insights and perspectives; takes a problem solving approach by connecting analytical thinking with an understanding of business drivers and how BA can provide value to the organization
- Strong Data and Information Manager: Understands and uses analytical skills/tools to produce data in a clean, organized way to drive objective insights, incorporating visualization techniques where possible
- Exceptional Communicator: Can understand, translate, and distill the complex, technical findings of the team into commentary that facilitates effective decision making by senior leaders; can readily align interpersonal style with the individual needs of customers
- Relationship Manager: Acts as a thought partner and brings forward recommendations/questions that influences stakeholders; builds robust and long-term strategic relationships with individuals from all levels of the organization, understanding individual goals and objectives to ensure future alignment of the entire portfolio
- Influencer: Clearly articulates expectations, capabilities, and action plans; actively listens with others' frame of reference in mind; appropriately shares information with team; favorably influences people without direct authority
- Highly Collaborative: Manages projects with and through others; shares responsibility and credit; develops self and others through teamwork; comfortable providing guidance and sharing expertise with others to help them develop their skills and perform at their best; helps others take appropriate risks; communicates frequently with team members earning respect and trust ofthe team
- Strong Project Manager: Clearly articulates scope and deliverables of projects; breaks complex initiatives into detailed component parts and sequences actions appropriately; develops action plans and monitors progress independently; designs success criteria and uses them to track outcomes; drives implementation of recommendations when appropriate, engages with stakeholders throughout to ensure buy-in
- Role Model: Emulates the behaviors of BA's core competencies and fosters colleague collaboration to build and/or participate on high-performing teams
- Proactive Self-Starter: Takes an active role in one's own professional development; stays abreast of analytical trends, and cutting-edge applications of data
- Change agile: Comfortable with ambiguity and flexible to changing business dynamics
- Technical skills: Deep understanding of qualitative and quantitative primary market research, quantitative analysis. Ability to merge data sets to inform business issues or at least to identify hypotheses to explore in research.
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
Other job details:
- Limited business travel
- Expected to participate in meetings at the NYHQ or ad agencies as necessary
- Expected to occasionally lead and/or participate in early morning or evening meetings to accommodate Asia-Pacific and European time zones
- Work Location Assignment:Hybrid office/remote
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Marketing and Market Research#LI-PFE
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.