Title: Administrative Assistant for Lab Operations
Department: Lab Administration
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Horsham, PA
Shift: 1st shift - 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
NMS Labs has developed an extensive menu of more than 2,500 tests to support clients in forensic, criminalistic, public health and clinical fields. For over 50 years, our clients have relied on NMS Labs for unique testing solutions that demonstrate our company core values of Quality, Integrity, Service, Innovation and Engagement. As we work to increase the company's positive impact on public health and public safety, we are seeking talented professionals to join us for the journey! We invite you to learn more about our company by visiting NMSLabs.com.
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative and clerical support to the VP of Operations and the Laboratory Operations Department.
High school diploma (Associates degree preferred) and 5 years' experience as an Admin Assistant.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and manage Outlook schedules for leadership as requested, including meetings, seminars, lectures, booking conference rooms and other resources (supplies, food, beverages) etc.
- Receive, answer, compose, and process correspondence, and submit business expenses
- Organize business meetings, company events, client visits and interviews. Arrangements may include travel, catering, expense reports, booking resources, setting up conference calls, attending meetings, preparing and distributing handouts, recording meetings and/or transcribing minutes.
- Compile, copy and file reports, and screen and handle phone calls
- Distribute company mail into mailboxes, deliver Operations mail to addressees
- Coordinate and execute electronic storage of documents, including between departments and within software programs
- Maintain methods in Qualtrax, correct formatting, verify published dates for compliance and monitor method tracking spreadsheet
- Perform internet searches and/or research if needed
- Maintains regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to coordinate closely and effectively with laboratorians, supervisors, and client services personnel
- Ability to effectively prioritize assignments to meet long and short-term deadlines
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office including PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, and Excel with a typing proficiency of 45 wpm
- Organizational and documentation skills, attention to detail, excellent phone etiquette, minor accounting
- Basic knowledge of technical English with a familiarity of medical terms
- Ability to talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to manipulate computer keyboard, objects, or controls
- Requires carrying objects from one work location to another; requires sitting, sometimes for extended periods
- Specific vision abilities (with correction) include close and distance vision
Offers of employment are made contingent upon a nationwide background investigation and urine drug screen with results satisfactory to standards of employment at NMS. NMS requires all employees to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination.
We are an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, creed, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, citizenship status, otherwise qualified disability, or protected veteran status (disabled Armed Forces Service medal, recently separated, active duty or campaign badge), domestic violence victim status, arrest record, or predisposing genetic characteristics