The Patient/Clinical Trainer is responsible for all clinical training that teaches and integrates DaVita policies, procedures, and dialysis theory for the treatment of ESRD (End-Stage Renal Disease) or CKD (Chronic Kidney Disease) patients for nursing positions in the region assigned. Position provides timely and effective technical clinical training to new nurses (RNs and/or LPNs) and ongoing clinical training to all similar teammates in the region assigned. Position also provides local in-services (classes using didactic/lecture method) as well as other education and skill checks as needed. Position may assist Facility Administrators (FAs) in presentation of mandatory in-services and other continuing education programs as requested. Position may also provide training to Patient Care Technicians as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Ascertains specific training needs in the division or region facilities and implement a plan to address these needs
* Monitors state regulations to ensure DaVita training programs meet or exceed requirements
Maintains current clinical knowledge and ensure that clinic training and education needs are met in
accordance with DaVita's policies, procedures, and guidelines, as well as OSHA, CMS, AAMI, HIPAA, federal state and local regulations
* Orients and provides direct clinical instruction to new Registered Nurses, LPNs, and Patient Care Technicians (as time allows) in basic dialysis clinical skills and procedures including but not limited to machine setup, patient assessment, and documentation skills
o Monitors and document weekly progress and provide validation feedback to the new clinical teammate, facility administrator, facility preceptor, and the Director of Clinical Services
o May partner with Clinical Services Specialists and facility preceptors to provide hands-on training
* Provides continuing education and in-services/materials to teammates to improve knowledge base and to meet regulatory and safety requirements on an as needed basis
o Participates in the development and ongoing revision of educational materials
o Models DaVita mission and values to all new and current DaVita teammates
* Provides support, continuing education, and ongoing mentoring to local facility preceptors
* Provides oversight for annual competencies of all RNs within assigned region and complete skills checklist as required by state regulations
* May participate with FA to select facility preceptors and provide appropriate training to encourage preceptor retention
o May assist in conducting facility preceptor training programs
o May collaborate with Clinical Services Specialist (CSS) to monitor facility preceptors and to ensure
compliance with DaVita policies and procedures
o Conducts preceptor quarterly meetings and in-services for preceptors constitute an employment contract.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals employed in this position. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required in this position. This job description does not constitute an employment contract.
* May collaborate with the CSS to monitor the implementation of clinical policies and procedures in the facility
o Creates and cultivates a sense of community and belonging for RNs in the geographic area to foster RN retention and aid in meeting retention goals
* Provides written activity reports to the Director of Clinical Services and ROD as requested
* Travel required: up to 50% within assigned region; amount may vary by week
* May perform other duties as assigned
* LVN, LPN or A.D.N degree from accredited school of nursing required; B.S.N preferred; three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be substituted for nursing degree
* Current LVN, LPN or RN license in state of practice required
* Minimum of one (1) year's nephrology patient care experience in dialysis delivery and the treatment of renal disease required
* Demonstrated knowledge of DaVita dialysis delivery systems (specifically all dialysis machines in assigned area)
* Current CPR certification required
* CNN, BONENT, or NNCO certification preferred
* Graduate of DaVita Preceptor University required
* Scheduling flexibility and ability to travel up 50% of time
* Current driver's license in state of residence and insurable driving record required
* Demonstrated understanding of principles of adult education required
* Experience in teaching the adult learner with sound knowledge of adult learning theory and ability to present material to differing levels of base knowledge from novice to professional (i.e. the ability to change teaching style to accommodate learners' needs) preferred
* Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required; ability to use the Internet efficiently for research required; functional proficiency in all computer systems of DaVita including but not limited to SNAPPY, DUCK, etc. within 90 days of hire required
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
* A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
* Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
* Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
* Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
* A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
* Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Enter text here
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
Full vaccination against COVID-19 or a medical/religious exemption is required.
What We'll Provide:
More than just pay, our DaVita Rewards package connects teammates to what matters most. Teammates are eligible to begin receiving benefits on the first day of the month following or coinciding with one month of continuous employment. Below are some of our benefit offerings.
At DaVita, we strive to be a community first and a company second. We want all teammates to experience DaVita as "a place where I belong." Our goal is to embed Diversity & Belonging into everything we do in our Village, so that it becomes part of who we are. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. As such, individuals are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Salary/ Wage Range
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. DaVita offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more at