The Senior Safety Officer is responsible for the day to day implementation of office, project specific or laboratory Health and Safety Programs. He/she provides much of required training such as shipping, confined space, BBP,etc.
- Implement the Profit Center Health & Safety Program and Assist the PCSM in implementing the Corporate Health & Safety Program including the performance of associated EHS inspections.
- Conduct monthly office safety inspections and provide quarterly Office Safety Reports to PCSM.
- Secretary to office/PC Health & Safety Committee.
- Assist in preparation of Site Health and Safety Plans and arrange for review of all safety plans by the PCSM prior to submittal to the Project Manager (PM) for approval.
- When delegated authority by the PCSM, review Health and Safety Plans and authorize field equipment requisitions.
- Monitor office safety training needs, provide and/or assist PCSM actively as lecturer in providing training.
- Assist with Notice of Incident Report preparation, review and transmittal and mishap investigations in accordance with the Weston Mishap Management Program (MMP).
- Provide technical safety and health direction in support of the regional equipment stores operations.
- Maintain sufficient knowledge of office projects to ensure integration of the appropriate Health & Safety plans.
- Schedule and authorize physical examinations to include drug and alcohol screens for office personnel.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, plus minimum of 6 to 8 years related experience.
- Experience performing in a construction safety position for 4-5continuous years.
- Experience in hazardous waste operations.
- Familiarity with USACE EM 385-1-1.
- Basic 40 Hour HAZWOPER Training required.
- Must be certified in Red Cross First Aid, CPR, and Blood borne Pathogens (BBP).
- Experience in supporting excavation, heavyequipment inspection, scaffolding, electrical safety, confined space entryrescue, and demolition are desired.