2476 Swedesford RdSTE 150,Malvern,Pennsylvania,19355-1456,United States of America
Schedule: Monday - Friday, Two Days in Office a Week
What Will You Do?
This position performs revenue cycle duties including but not limited to:
- processing patient insurance information through the patient intake process
- collecting payment on outstanding patient balances
- resolving credits when overpayments are received from payers and refunds need to be issued
Examples of Daily Responsibilities Include:
- Perform duties for revenue operations department related to either medical insurance collections or credits, or setting patient insurance coverage
- Communicate with insurance payers to ensure proper insurance coverage for our patients or to ensure timely and accurate reimbursement for dialysis services rendered at our clinics
- Respond timely and accurately to payer communications
- Collaborate with other revenue operations teams to ensure seamless processes across teams
- Partner with clinics teammates such as Insurance counselors, social workers, and facility administrators to ensure timely and accurate insurance information
- Help identify process changes and opportunities for continuous improvements
- Maintain current patient account information at all times
- Maintain confidentiality of all company and patient information in accordance with HIPAA regulations and DaVita policies
Other Duties Could Include:
- May be asked to work overtime as needed
- Attend team meetings, phone conferences, and training as needed
- Know, understand and follow teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures
Experience and Required Skills:
- No previous healthcare experience is required
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills: Every patient account and every insurance payor is different. The ability to think through a situation and carefully identify the best action to take is critical to be successful at this role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills: The position involves regular communication with insurance payors, employers, or other teams.
- Ability to adapt quickly and manage stress: Our environment can change quickly on a daily basis. Adapting and managing stress is important for success
- Relationships Building: Working in teams and with other departments is central to this position
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Associates or Bachelor's degree, highly preferred
- Ability to research and problem solve, using analytical and critical thinking skills
- Healthcare and medical billing/collections experience is preferred
- Demonstrated history of resolving challenging issues
- Deeply built values of TEAM!
- Flexible scheduling
- Fun and positive work environment
- Competitive "pay for performance" pay structure
- Generous PTO and comprehensive benefits package
What's in it for you? Here's what we bring to the table:
- A Fun, relationships-based culture-patient- and teammate-driven team
- Working for a company stability-as the nation's largest independent provider of dialysis services
- Receive award winning training, as note in Training Magazine Top 125 award-winning education
- Opportunity for multiple career paths across a variety of cutting-edge modalities
- Rewards for your STELLAR performance
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average-treating more than one-third of the dialysis population (that's approximately 100,000 patients!)
- Exceptional benefits-including the healthcare industry's most generous profit sharing program
Most importantly...The best fit candidate for this position is someone who can connect strongly with our Core Values and be a shoe in with our Culture. We know our new Patient Account Representative is out there...and we look forward to hearing from you!
To learn more about us and explore our nationwide opportunities check out our website at http://careers.davita.com!
What We'll Provide:
More than just pay, our DaVita Rewards package connects teammates to what matters most. Teammates are eligible to begin receiving benefits on the first day of the month following or coinciding with one month of continuous employment. Below are some of our benefit offerings.
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match, paid time off, PTO cash out
- Support for you and your family: Family resources, EAP counseling sessions, access Headspace, backup child and elder care, maternity/paternity leave and more
- Professional development programs: DaVita offers a variety of programs to help strong performers grow within their career and also offers on-demand virtual leadership and development courses through DaVita's online training platform StarLearning.
At DaVita, we strive to be a community first and a company second. We want all teammates to experience DaVita as "a place where I belong." Our goal is to embed Diversity & Belonging into everything we do in our Village, so that it becomes part of who we are. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. As such, individuals are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Salary/ Wage Range
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. DaVita offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more at
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.