WHO IS VEECO?
Making a Material Difference is at the core of our DNA. For more than 30 years, we have developed differentiated technologies and built expertise and know-how that has enabled world-changing devices such as LED lighting, data storage, advanced computing and mobile devices to reach industrial scale. We help customers overcome technical and cost barriers that make it possible to convert novel materials into high-yielding device performance at production volumes. Our customers produce the newest, fastest, smallest, and most efficient electronic components used in devices to help deliver a better world.
We serve the semiconductor and emerging high-growth markets. Our process equipment and technology are used to manufacture advanced semiconductors, LEDs, displays, photonics, VCSELs, power electronics, compound semiconductors, hard disk drives, MEMS and wireless chips.
The Manufacturing Technician is assigned to a specific tool and works directly with the sub-plumbing and sub-mechanical groups. This is a fast-paced working environment with the opportunity for overtime and career growth.
- Build all aspects of production machines (mechanical assembly, electrical wiring, plumbing) with the ability to read plumbing and electrical schematics
- Occasionally lead the tool build process. Responsible for assigning resources, maintaining build schedule, maintaining material flow, and addressing bottlenecks with engineering and other functional groups
- Understand and support the tool power-up process. Learn to lead the power-up process
- Assure that Veeco quality standards are followed
- Responsible for working to meet shipping schedule goals
- Troubleshoot all aspects of production tools
- Ensure discrepant parts and design problems are conveyed to the supervisor and management team
- Document control. Input documentation into assembly manual and production logbook
- Ensure delivery of a zero-defect product at a production QA
- Manage direct hand-off of tool to shipping once complete
- Professionally present tool build status and issue at a daily update meeting
- Follow all safety protocols while building & testing tools, e.g. safety log, safety tags, bypass tags, etc.
2-4 years of experience in a related field. Trade. Technical school preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to bend, plumb and integrate all tubing connections (stainless steel Swagelok and Flare Tek TFE fittings) according to a plumbing schematic
- Experience with small gauge wire stripping, pin crimping and terminating
- Knowledge of hand tools and light metalworking skills (drilling and tapping metal) required
- Ability to navigate through different software programs such as Excel, Word, CAD, SolidWorks
- Experience with control software on automated machines
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to see a process through from start to finish
- Strong attention to detail
- Capacity to produce a high-quality work product
- Frequently changes positions and moves self
- Occasionally ascend/descend a ladderand lift/move up to 25 pounds
- Ability to work overtime hours as required
Veeco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.