Are you ready to link your passion with a purpose? At NantHealth, we build technology that simplifies healthcare. We manage the data and decisions that help the healthcare industry deliver better patient care. NantHealth's products target specific pain points that inhibit healthcare from reaching its full potential. Our payer-provider collaboration solutions increase operational efficiency, unlock savings, and enhance communications. Our treatment plan validation capabilities help payers better manage costs for oncology and autoimmune conditions. We're seeking innovative thinkers who love doing meaningful work. If you're looking to bring your skills and expertise to a growing technology company, it's time for you to join us!
To ensure we can provide the best in healthcare tech, we focus on building the best team. Through holding true to our core values - clarity, empathy, collaboration, integrity, a sense of community, and a pioneering approach - we are creating a vibrant culture where ideas can blossom, people can thrive, and success can flourish.
We value each of our employee's total wellness. From robust medical, dental, and vision insurance, to financial planning assistance, to physical and mental wellness discounts, including an optional annual subscription to the Headspace app and unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning, we understand that our company succeeds when our employees succeed as individuals.
Additional notable benefits include:
- Paid Time Off (hourly) / Flex Time Off (salaried) programs for Full Time employees
- Growth and Development opportunities
- 401(k), including a 3% company match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave, including a flexible return-to-work program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounts on popular cell phone plan providers
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Travel Assistance
- Education Assistance Program
- And much more!
We're seeking a talented, passionate, and ambitious Senior Data Scientist eager to be part of an exciting new data and data analytics team. Through use of the latest technology and analytics, you will design studies, utilize cutting edge predictive modeling techniques, rigorously test hypotheses, and complete analyses to turn data into actionable insights. The results of your work will modernize patient care, ensure proper treatment utilization, and improve patient outcomes. This very exciting initiative with NantHealth is informed by years assessing, planning and validating a commitment to the important business of healthcare data insights where our most valuable asset, our people, is at the center of the transformation.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Use mathematics, statistics, machine learning, business analysis, and technology to transform high volumes of complex data into advanced analytic solutions
- Involve in moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations and data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Use machine learning and artificial intelligence to develop sophisticated models, using both structured and unstructured data sets for analysis
- Use techniques from supervised and unsupervised machine learning, statistical analysis, or predictive modeling to deliver business insights to prospects and customers
- Work with the academic and business community to develop new techniques and to contribute to research in the area of advanced analytics on large databases
- Generate new product requirements for the engineering group to enhance the analytics capabilities of the database
- Assist in customer engagement management, requirements definition, project scoping, timeline management, and results documentation to ensure professional relationship management
- A very strong traditional machine learning background with deep structured learning/hierarchical learning and statistical modeling techniques
- Experience with Deep Learning (ANN, CNN, RNN, Auto-encoders, GAN, etc.)
- Experience with developing end to end analytical products
- Expertise with a variety of database and data management technologies - Microsoft SQL Server and NoSQL.
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Azure native and compatible tools for modeling, training, deploying and managing data and machine learning pipelines.
- Experience with storage and warehouse tools including Databricks, Synapse, Cosmos and Redis.
- Skilled in obtaining data from multiple, disparate data sources including structured, semi-structured and unstructured data
- Experience working with and analyzing various types of data using Jupyter Notebook, Python or similar
- Experience in using mathematics, statistics, modeling, experimental study design, business analysis, and technology to transform high volumes of complex data into advanced analytic solutions
- Work experience in a healthcare company
- Familiar with deep embedding and techniques like deep embedded clustering
- Experienced in NLP and OCR methodologies
- Experience with cloud-based ecosystems (Azure preferred)
- Experience in Big Data environment specifically PySpark and DataBricks
- Previously applied machine learning to help an organization reach objectives
- 3 years' experience required with Master's degree
- 5 years' experience required with Bachelor's degree
- 1 years' experience required with a Ph.D
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES - KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Responsible for making process improvements
- Uses experience and analysis through experience to help design and implement solutions
- Ability to solve somewhat complex technical problems. Unique and non-routine, with notable consequences within portion of technical project
- Applies advanced technical principles to solve medium to complex problems
- Ability to make decisions in areas outside of direct responsibility
- Meets goals with some direction and supervision; follows set processes/protocols
- Works on assignments of medium to complex level
- Direct impact on design of project plans and cost-effective execution of tasks within large technical projects
- May provide input on group's technical direction; important player on large technical projects and programs
- Communicates with parties within and outside of functional area and possibly with customers, vendors, etc.
- Ability to communicate matters that are may be difficult / complex and require notable explanation or interpretation
- Provide input on group's technical direction
- Technical explanations and guidance within project team and explanations to other internal parties and external contacts
- Collaborates to develop self and others within group
- May help lead/coordinate small-medium scope projects
NantHealth is a mandatory vaccination employer for COVID-19 and its variants. At NantHealth the health and safety of our employees and their families is our top priority. In line with our corporate core value of community, doing our part to ensure our workplace is fully vaccinated is a pioneering step we can take to help stop the spread of COVID-19.The Company requires that its employees be fully vaccinated, and proof of vaccination will be required prior to start.If we make you an offer and you are not yet vaccinated, we will accommodate a delay in start date. If you require a medical or religious accommodation, we will engage in the interactive process with you.
NantHealth provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.