2000 16th Street,Denver,Colorado,80202,United States of America
DaVita Venture Group is a newly formed innovation arm of DaVita, focused on transforming care delivery to improve quality of life for patients around the globe. DVG will fund, develop and launch products, solutions and business models that improve care for patients suffering from kidney disease and related comorbidities. We are seeking a creative, passionate, and driven professional with a deep understanding of healthcare to join our Strategic Venture Investing team. The team will primarily invest in early-stage healthcare tech and services companies with some exposure to devices and diagnostics. Our corporate fund has an evergreen structure with $20M/yr allocated for new investments and a target of 3-5 new investments per year.
The position is located in Denver, CO but open to highly qualified remote candidates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Please note the following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
Support Venture Investments Leaders and broader DaVita Venture Group team Build strong relationships within DaVita and the external market
- Network and immerse self within DaVita and existing business lanes to understand strategic priorities and initiatives
- Facilitate involvement of subject matter experts in diligence and strategic assessments
Drive market research and support sourcing efforts to help identify new investment trends and opportunities
- Deal screening: call and/or meet with prospects, evaluate opportunities
- Documentation: summarize call notes, enter deals into CRM
- Network with peers at other venture capital firms and other industry partners
- Be a thought leader, maintaining up-to-date knowledge on industry and technology trends, as well as attending events/conferences
- Attend relevant conferences and events in support of sourcing and network building
Assist with and lead due diligence efforts
- Gather information from the target company and industry experts
- Conduct primary and secondary market research
- Perform financial and valuation analysis
- Draft internal investment memos
Assist with portfolio company management and support
- Support fund leaders with the fulfillment of their responsibilities as board members or observers
- Assist with the execution of tasks, projects, and priorities supporting portfolio company success including business development, hiring, marketing, and fund raising
- Hold board observer positions with portfolio companies
Enable realization of strategic value from investments
- Support internal business development and identify opportunities for portfolio companies to work with DaVita
- Support evaluation of potential M&A, JV, or other financial arrangements in alignment with DaVita's long term growth objectives
- Act as the liaison between portfolio company management and DaVita teams
Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5+ years work experience, ideally with exposure to the healthcare industry, consulting or banking background strongly preferred; early-stage investing experience preferred; experience in an operating role in healthcare a plus
- Demonstrated problem-solving, quantitative, and qualitative analysis skills, including deep familiarity with financial modeling and valuation techniques
- Understanding of clinical, operational, and financial drivers that impact healthcare organization decision-making
- Intellectual curiosity mindset and enthusiasm for the healthcare tech and services industry
- Strong communication (written, verbal, listening, and presentation) skills
- Highly collaborative work-style, pragmatic, and resourceful problem-solver
- Capability and desire to build relationships and network within the healthcare industry
- Responds well to change and has a high tolerance for ambiguity
- Approaches work with an unparalleled level of personal ownership, responsibility, integrity, and ethics
- Denver-based but open to highly qualified remote candidates; Ability to travel required
- Personal values in line with DaVita's values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment & Fun
- Desire to be part of a fun, yet hard-working team
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
What We'll Provide:
More than just pay, our DaVita Rewards package connects teammates to what matters most. Teammates are eligible to begin receiving benefits on the first day of the month following or coinciding with one month of continuous employment. Below are some of our benefit offerings.
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match, paid time off, PTO cash out
- Support for you and your family: Family resources, EAP counseling sessions, access Headspace, backup child and elder care, maternity/paternity leave and more
- Professional development programs: DaVita offers a variety of programs to help strong performers grow within their career and also offers on-demand virtual leadership and development courses through DaVita's online training platform StarLearning.
At DaVita, we strive to be a community first and a company second. We want all teammates to experience DaVita as "a place where I belong." Our goal is to embed Diversity & Belonging into everything we do in our Village, so that it becomes part of who we are. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. As such, individuals are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Salary/ Wage Range$82,800.00to$121,600.00
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. DaVita offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more at
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.