Job Type: Full-time
Starting rate $17.00 per hour plus $500.00 hiring bonus
United Safety and Survivability Corporation is committed to delivering the most innovative and reliable safety and survivability solutions our customers can trust to protect life and property. As the global leader in our industry, we push boundaries by utilizing innovation to highly engineer and produce the next generation of safety and survivability technologies.
At United Safety we are solving our industry's most important problems with talented individuals who share our passion to change the world. Our culture is fast-paced, energetic and innovative. We work to build an inclusive environment in which everyone, regardless of gender, race, religion, age, or background, can do their best work. We are fully committed to continuous growth and advancement; we will reinvest profits and resources into our employees, our processes and product innovation.
Summary: As an Assembler, you are vital to our success, as your time will be spent making the products we supply to our customers. You will work in a brand new, light-filled, state of the art manufacturing facility, together with a team of highly motivated and skilled team members; to perform a variety of assembly activities, to build our award-winning proprietary commercial transportation seating.
Responsibilities - As an Assembler at United Safety, you will:
- Assemble all units within the timeline set and to customer satisfaction, while using a variety of hand tools and equipment, following standardized sheets, drawings, samples and verbal instructions.
- Focus on paying attention to details throughout all stages of work to meet quality objectives and to eliminate scrap (waste), quality rejects and the need for rework.
- Check your own work and the work of other team members, ensuring all aspects of the assembly are complete and correct.
- Provide team with sufficient information and support to accomplish team goals.
- Maintain an organized & clean workstation and work to help maintain the rest of the facility organized and clean as well; leaving each area better than it was found.
- Work cooperatively with assigned production team and, as needed, work positively with other teams to provide any assistance to any area and/or department required.
- Maintain the appropriate certification(s) to perform the assembly process assigned; seek out cross-training and other opportunities to grow and improve.
- Constantly conscientious about workplace safety; observing all the company rules and safety practices.
- Understand that all team members will need to pitch in, in other areas, as needed to help meet our goals and get excited to do so.
Requirements: You're a great fit for this position if this describes you;
- You possess a high school diploma or equivalent and may have additional relevant training, such as shop class, blueprint reading, welding or machine shop.
- Working with your hands to build or repair things comes easy to you and you find it natural to troubleshoot mechanical problems.
- You have exceptional motor coordination and can easily use a variety of tools in a safe manner.
- You are able to follow verbal and written instructions, directions and other communication in English.
- Performing basic shop math calculations (adding, subtracting, dividing, multiplying, measuring and converting decimals) is something you are experienced in.
- You have some experience reading simple blueprints & read drawings.
- Occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds and standing for up to 12 hours a day in something you can handle.
- Safety is at the forefront of your mind when you are working and you gladly follow all of our safety policies to promote a safe working environment at United Safety.
- You bring with you a positive attitude and the ability to work cohesively in a team environment.
- Helps United Safety operate effectively by adhering to United Safety's attendance and punctuality standards and does not burden co-workers and supervisors unfairly with unnecessary and unplanned absences and lateness.
- Understanding that you are part of a growing company, you have no concerns with and are able to work a reasonable amount of overtime as needed to support that growth.
This position description is intended to guide the activities of the person in this role. It is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person in this role, nor is it intended that this description represents all the work that may be required of a person in this position.
United Safety is an Equal Opportunity Employer