Job Type Full-time
United Safety and Survivability Corporation is committed to delivering the most innovative and reliable safety and survivability solutions our customers can trust to protect life and property. We're not just building incredible, life-saving products, we're building a culture. From the manufacturing floor to the corporate office, to employees in the field, each and every employee here plays an important role in who we are as a company.
Job Title: Commodity Manager
Summary: As the Commodity Manager you will be responsible for the total landed cost of purchased components through the development and implementation of commodity-based sourcing strategy. You will be responsible for developing and implementing total cost of ownership saving initiatives and projects, through the development and management of a project funnel. In this role as the Commodity Manager you will be responsible for the entire procurement process from source selection to contract implementation, ERP system data maintenance, new supplier identification, product optimization and engagement in the development and implementation of the commodity strategy.
As a Commodity Manager, a typical day may include:
- Manage commodities to ensure compliance with United Safety's commercial and brand requirements, including but not limited to; (1) pricing and cost competitiveness, (2) on-time delivery and shipping requirements and (3) quality requirements.
- Develop and Execute cost reduction initiatives, keeping in mind total landed cost, through data driven analysis, sourcing events, supplier rationalization, payment term negotiation, and/or other supplier negotiation/resourcing initiatives.
- Coordinate data gathering, with internal and external groups, to successfully support project implementation activities.
- Work with Sales and Engineering during new product development to determine and implement commodity strategies to mitigate a product's total cost of ownership including make vs. buy decisions.
- Develop execution plans to implement key strategies as identified and defined.
- Assist Procurement with price change negotiations with the supply base including engineering revisions, price increase requests and volume changes.
- Responsible for new supplier identification and supplier development consistent with United Safety commodity strategies with a focus on Low-Cost Region sourcing.
- Supply Chain optimization and risk management. Helping manage supply chain risks and disruptions.
- Leverage purchase cost reductions across suppliers and products, as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
You're a great fit for this position if this describes you;
- BS degree Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in Procurement or Materials, with a focus on Supplier Development OR Strategic and Low-Cost Region Sourcing.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing organization, specifically low volume/high mix a plus.
- Analytical mindset with great attention to detail.
- Proficient in current computer software: MS Applications Word, Excel, and understanding of ERP systems.
- Excellent written communications skills, including the use of proper spelling, punctuation, and grammar to produce error-free copy, particularly composing letters, reports and documents used for decision making.
- Outstanding verbal communication skills including tack and diplomacy which would be utilized during customer service, conflict management, development of relationships with internal and external contact.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and diverse projects including, analytical thinking, planning, prioritizing, problem solving, decision making and carrying out assigned projects with minimal supervision.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to define complex problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, evaluate options and, considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one, implement solutions.
- CPIM or CSCP certification a plus.
- Able to perform in a fast-paced, team environment, under pressure with time constraints while responding and adapting to change favorably and quickly.
- Safety is at the forefront of your mind when you are working and you gladly follow all safety policies to promote a safe working environment at United Safety.
- You bring with you a positive attitude and the ability to work cohesively in a team environment.
- Help United Safety operate effectively by adhering to United Safety's attendance and punctuality standards and does not burden co-workers and supervisors unfairly with unnecessary and unplanned absences and lateness.
- Understand that you are part of a growing company, you have no concerns with and able to work extended hours as needed as well as some Saturdays to support that growth.
Here at United Safety, we embrace the core values that make us great.
P A S S I O N to build the future together.
People Attitude Service Safety Innovation One Company Nimble
United Safety is an Equal Opportunity Employer