Responsible for leading employees to ensure customer satisfaction by moving all shipments on time and damage free while observing company and regulatory policies and procedures
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Lead, educate and develop company employees
2. Plan daily manpower needs to ensure customers' freight is delivered and picked-up timely and damage free
3. Communicate with dispatch at various terminals and with dock employees to coordinate the movement of trailers and freight
4. Monitor dock to ensure proper loading techniques
5. Evaluate and reconfigure route structures and bids based on local tendencies and characteristics
6. Conduct safety meetings and facilitate quality groups
7. Monitor and analyze all opportunities to cut costs and improve efficiencies
8. Assist customers with rate quotes, claim information and setting appointments
9. Perform administrative functions such as printing delivery receipts, manifest shipments on a trailer, billing freight bills, trace shipments, etc.
10. Provide clean and safe working condition of the facility and equipment; check security at customer center to ensure everything is secure
11. Communicate with Account Manager(s) to ensure customers' and company's needs are met
12. Identify freight moving at incorrect weight and classification
13. Ensure all OS&D is identified and processed properly
14. Monitor actual performance data and gather information for reporting
15. Assist Operations Supervisors as needed; conduct pre-shift meetings; implement company policy
16. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
17. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
* Must possess high school diploma or equivalent
* Prior management experience preferred
* Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
* Thorough knowledge of LTL Industry, DOT Rules and Regulations, OSHA Laws, Hazardous Materials Regulations, NMFC and Tariff Rules preferred
* Able to work in a remote location, taking self-initiative without requiring immediate local supervision
* Multi-tasked oriented and possess good organizational skills
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Internet
* Dock environment; exposure to varied weather conditions, exhaust, fumes, dust, noise
* Hours may vary due to operational need
* Frequent contact with service center personnel; fast-paced, deadline oriented
* Must be able to travel as needed
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Freight, please call 800-888-8252 or e-mail at ADAAssistance@freight.fedex.com.
FedEx Freight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.