Posted Date: Nov 22, 2021
- We are hiring immediately for an OPERATIONS MANAGER position.
- Location: 150 Gordon Dr, Exton, PA 19341. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-Time schedule; Second shift, Sunday through Thursday.
- Details: 2nd Shift Warehouse Supervisor for large-scale vending operation.
- Requirement: Warehouse and management experience preferred.
- *Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
WE MAKE IT EASY!
- You can now chat or text-to-apply, in addition to our standard online apply. Just text JOB to 75000 & search for the requisition ID number 932151 . Click to view more.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Canteen is a national vending machine operating company offering vending, office coffee service and dining services through a company and franchise network of over 200 locations in 48 states. Canteen's track record of innovation began in 1929, when company founder Nathaniel Leverone built his business strategy around three timeless principles: integrity, customer focus and innovation.
Summary: Works with warehouse associates to prepare and move merchandise in accordance with safety, performance, accuracy standards and employment guidelines. Maintains and verifies documentation to facilitate the flow of merchandise through the Distribution Center. Performance directly impacts overall safety, cost and service metrics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises associates in the warehouse; responsible for selection, onboarding, training, scheduling and planning, assigning and directing work and performance management.
- Develops and posts associates' work schedules; ensures adequate labor for each shift.
- Reads schedules, work orders, shipping orders, or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed; records amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
- Conveys materials and items from receiving areas to storage or other designated areas; sorts and places materials and items from receiving areas to storage on racks, shelves, in bins and in other designated areas.
- Weighs or counts items for distribution within warehouse to comply with company standards; uses computer to enter records; compiles worksheets or tickets according to company specifications.
- Maintains inventory records; fills requisitions, work orders or requests for new items and distributes items; marks products with identifying information; opens bales, crates, boxes and other containers; sorts and stores perishable goods in refrigerated rooms.
- Maintains clean, safe work environment; performs job safely; reports unsafe and/or hazardous conditions.
- Issues and delivers items to their proper destinations; obtains signatures to ensure proper documentation of delivery/receipt; coordinates loading of vehicles for delivery.
- Manages and maintains stock control; plans future needs and adjusts par levels; processes stock orders; reviews orders; controls dead stock; maintains scheduling of deliveries on dock.
- Opens and closes the visitor area; secures doors and turns off lights.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Valid Non-CDL Class C driver's license, unless otherwise indicated by state; must be forklift trained and certified within 30 days of hire.
Full time associates at Canteen are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).