Carpenter Technology Corporation is a leading producer and distributor of premium specialty alloys, including titanium alloys, nickel and cobalt based superalloys, stainless steels, alloy steels and tool steels. Carpenter's high-performance materials and advanced process solutions are an integral part of critical applications used within the aerospace, transportation, medical and energy markets, among other markets. Building on its history of innovation, Carpenter's wrought and powder technology capabilities support a range of next-generation products and manufacturing techniques, including novel magnetic materials and additive manufacturing.
MANUFACTURING PROCESS ENGINEER
- Manage the upgrade, rebuild, installation and start-up of process equipment.
- Provides leadership in the development of new equipment specifications.
- Analyze key process measures and determine major issues and their root causes.
- Identify equipment safety issues and implement solutions.
- Provide technical assistance and an interface function on process, product, and maintenance problems.
- Manage outside resources including contractors, equipment vendors, and supply vendors for assigned projects.
- Work within and develop the appropriate standards, specifications, and procedures, including but not limited to those required for production, technical, safety, and environmental activities.
- Manage ordering of parts and supplies using Permac.
- Define equipment engineered rates.
- Review new process equipment and make recommendations for purchase/installation.
- Manage the implementation of moderate sized capital projects.
- Responsible for parts and supply development and reverse engineering.
- Understands opportunities for OEE improvements and leads OEE improvement initiatives.
- Four-year college degree in an Engineering discipline preferred. Two-year college degree and/or five or more years engineering support experience.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and make appropriate decisions.
- Ability to perform assignments with moderate supervision.
- Ability to operate a computer workstation and the appropriate software/hardware.
- Ability to work in a production oriented environment.
- Ability to train and develop others.
- Ability to work under frequently changing priorities and deadlines.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and project management skills.
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees.
Carpenter Technology Corporation's policy is to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans.