Working at West means having an opportunity to work by the side of our patients and customers, our global team members and the communities in which we operate - which all help contribute to a Healthier World.
At West, we are by the side of patients. The work we do impacts patients' lives each and every day - our products are a critical part of healthcare delivery and we are proud of the role we play to improve patient health. We work by the side of our team members. We come together as one global team to deliver for our customers and help them address their challenges. We are a diverse, close-knit community of professionals, where everyone has a voice and opportunity to learn and grow through mutual trust and respect. With a 95 year plus history, we have a track record for success, which includes reported sales of $1.84B in 2019. We serve by the side of our community. Giving back is in our DNA-our team members across more than 50 sites globally are involved with hundreds of charities that have special meaning to them through our West Without Borders team member-led giving program.
In this role, you will develop and execute downstream marketing strategy to drive demand generation campaigns across all digital platforms, inclusive of website, social media and Knowledge Center and track analytics to ascertain content consumption and engagement. Content can be defined as multimedia articles, sell sheets, web content inclusive of the Knowledge Center, blog posts, email, campaigns, images, infographics, webinars, videos and other assets that aid in fostering engagement online and nurturing buyers in their purchase journey. Campaigns will support West's full range of products and services across the markets we serve, and will reflect go-to-market strategies for new customer acquisition and lead generation, customer development, and retention and competitive response.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create measurable demand for West products and services and build "top of the funnel"
- Evaluate marketing programs and campaigns across multiple criteria including relevant response rates, cost/revenue analysis, qualitative key learnings, and overall results
- Collaborate with strategic marketing, insights and analytics teams to build relevant audience targeting
- Actively build, manage and maintain centralized marketing campaign calendar and ensure stakeholders are informed and considered including product management, market units, sales channels, technical customer support, D&T, corporate communications. Coordinate development and deployment of supporting content and social media posts
- Lead Buyer Journey Mapping workshops to identify content needed to help buying groups complete their jobs-to-be-done, build consensus and move through purchase process
- Creation and deployment of Buyer Personas for key target market segments aligned with market unit strategies
- Through search engine optimized content, optimize the way West interacts with customers across digital channels to drive lead generation, engagement, sales and retention. This work will be accomplished in collaboration with D&T on keyword identification and keyword list maintenance in alignment with Market Units & Product Management needs and in coordination with Communications.
- Finding creative ways of repurposing content for different mediums including social media and video. This work will be completed following an agile marketing framework, collaborating primarily with D&T and marketing teams.
- Collaborate with external agencies and marketing services vendors to develop marketing materials in support of demand generation campaigns
- Serve as liaison to regional marketing teams to ensure each group is properly aligned to deliver marketing programs consistent with regional marketing objectives, desired marketing mix and segmentation and targeting
- Define and manage expense budgeting and forecasting development process, support marketing vendor negotiations, and ongoing monthly budget oversight
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing or related field.
- 10 years digital marketing experience in B2B with emphasis on pharma/life sciences preferred.
- Demonstrated experience or background with marketing of technical / scientific products and content in B2B environment, preferably serving pharma industry
- Strong background in digital with emphasis on marketing technology, digital campaign / demand generation, understanding of keyword placement, SEO best practices and social media management.
- Knowledge and experience with popular content management systems and B2B digital asset management
- Ability to handle a wide variety of projects simultaneously and react flexibly to changes that may occur
- A bias towards a collaborative work culture with strong interpersonal skills and comfort in a team setting
- A focus on analytics during campaign development and a commitment to ROI with results tracking and success measurement
- Proven ability to effectively communicate highly complex/scientific value propositions to technical customers
- Creativity and the ability to develop original content that provokes engagement.
- Fluency in Challenger marketing/Insight selling principles preferred.
- Knowledge of global and regional data privacy policies.
West is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please send an email to . Where permitted by law, an offer of employment with West Pharmaceutical Services, or any of its subsidiary or affiliate companies, is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of background screening and/or a pre-employment drug screening.