Working at West means having an opportunity to work by the side of our patients and customers, our global team members and the communities in which we operate - which all help contribute to a Healthier World.
At West, we are by the side of patients. The work we do impacts patients' lives each and every day - our products are a critical part of healthcare delivery and we are proud of the role we play to improve patient health. We work by the side of our team members. We come together as one global team to deliver for our customers and help them address their challenges. We are a diverse, close-knit community of professionals, where everyone has a voice and opportunity to learn and grow through mutual trust and respect. With a 95 year plus history, we have a track record for success, which includes reported sales of $1.84B in 2019. We serve by the side of our community. Giving back is in our DNA-our team members across more than 50 sites globally are involved with hundreds of charities that have special meaning to them through our West Without Borders team member-led giving program.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for interpreting internal quoting / pricing data in the context of customers, competitors, and market, and provides insights into pricing opportunities and strategies
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Price Leader in Industry
- Track pricing initiatives and their impacts on business outcomes
- Analyze customer behavior based on historical transactions and develop insights into customer segmentation and West options
- Work with Market Intelligence team to extract competitive information for pricing
- Investigate competitor behavior and motivation based on publicly available information such as annual reports, published prices, press releases and develop insight into their price moves
Value, not Cost+
- Support development of convincing value proposition in collaboration with Market Unit and Product Management
- Support development of and training for pricing and simulation tools, e.g., Value estimator / Value capture simulation / Exclusivity models
- Participate in secondary research in market / competitors / customers as required
Price for Profit
- Manage and maintain Price Book as a source of West quoting system
- Support global pricing team in providing the global price corridor for quoting activities
- Monitor economic statistics, e.g., GDP, inflation rate, Producer Price Index (PPI), etc.
- Support pricing improvement projects by providing analyses and identifying opportunities at product and customer portfolio level
- Evaluate customer agreements within the contract approval process
- Support contract improvements / renewal by providing analyses and identifying opportunities, such as:
- Price change mechanism
- Scale Pricing, Rebate, and other incentives
- What-if analysis: potential price changes, scenario analysis
- Represent pricing function in internal meetings as required
- Perform other duties as assigned based on business needs
- Conform with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, instruction, and all safety rules
- Exhibit regular, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance
- Education or Equivalent Experience: Bachelor's in Business, Science or related fields.
- Experience: 3-5 years of experience in Sales, Marketing, Finance, or related functions
- Analytical skills
- Ability to attend details with accuracy
- Comfortable and creative in translating qualitative information into quantitative data
- Skill / experience in translating complex information into digestible insights
- Computer skills
- Adept at Excel with advanced functions
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- Business Acumen
- Understanding of how a company makes money - costs, margin, profits, overhead, depreciation, etc.
- Understanding of industry structures, business models, competitive dynamics
- Communication skills
- Investigative approach to collect data when required data is not readily available
- Communication with stakeholders in convincing manner
- Comfortable with disagreements and ability to use them as a source of insights
- Intellectual curiosity
- Desire to learn new ideas, different opinions, and innovative approaches from external and internal sources
- Desire to dig deeper to get the root causes of observations
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: .
Experience: 6-10 years
- Experience in pricing analytics software, e.g., Tableau and Alteryx, is highly preferred
- Experience in SAP
- Certified Pricing Professional (CPP)
- Experience in financial modeling, market analysis, and competitive intelligence
- Comfortable working with colleagues with diverse background
- Self-starter mindset with curiosity
PHYSICAL & TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
Minimal travel requirement, up to 5%
West is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please send an email to . Where permitted by law, an offer of employment with West Pharmaceutical Services, or any of its subsidiary or affiliate companies, is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of background screening and/or a pre-employment drug screening.