Transforming the future of healthcare isn't something we take lightly. It takes teams of the best and the brightest, working together to make an impact.As one of the largest healthcare technology companies in the U.S., we are a catalyst to accelerate the journey toward improved lives and healthier communities.Here at Change Healthcare, we're using our influence to drive positive changes across the industry, and we want motivated and passionate people like you to help us continue to bring new and innovative ideas to life.If you're ready to embrace your passion and do what you love with a company that's committed to supporting your future, then you belong at Change Healthcare.Pursue purpose. Champion innovation. Earn trust. Be agile. Include all.Empower Your Future. Make a Difference.
Sr. Manager Database Engineering - Oracle/MySQL/Postgres
Overview of Position
This position supervises a team of Database engineers to manage a primarily Oracle/MySQL/Postgres database environment. The Manager Database Engineering position will design and build databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical systems. The Manager Database Engineering position will have a split role between managerial duties and hands-on technical projects.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Experience leading and managing a team of engineers delivering complex on-prem. and AWS projects for the organization
- Experience designing and building highly transactional and fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Sr. management regarding projects and tasks.
- Have a deep desire to work collaboratively, solve problems with groups, find win/win solutions and celebrate successes.
- Provide cost estimates, design and build of new Database systems on-Prem and in a Public Cloud (AWS)
- Evaluation and implementation of new DB technologies, software products, conducting POC.
- Compliance with release management, change management and quality assurance standards.
- Producing required documentation, conducting formal presentations and training session
- Candidate will be serving as a point of contact for escalated troubleshooting issues performing hands-on Database/Systems administration as required.
- Design and configure data backups, data replication tasks across various platforms to ensure data recoverability, fault tolerance and disaster recovery efforts.
- Install, maintain and secure enterprise databases platforms both on-premise and in the cloud.
- Deploy automation technologies and procedures to support on-premise and cloud-based databases and applications. Drive operational efficiencies by automating and improving existing repetitive and manual processes.
- Experience with information security standards and best practices, including database system hardening, database access controls, HIPAA, PCI, SOX and HiTrust.
- Ensure consistent platform/service availability for responsible databases systems and associated infrastructure hosted on-premise and in the cloud across all key technologies.
- Collaborate with application management teams, project managers, system engineers, network teams, security operations and other cross functional teams to drive data center implementations in conjunctions with cloud strategy.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, IT or Master's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 10+ years' hands-on experience leading teams and managing large scale database systems
- Proven management skills and demonstrated effectiveness leading through others
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with customers, team members, other teams, and senior management
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Strong relationship management skills and ability to lead through influence
- Excellent facilitation, collaboration, and cross-functional alignment skills
- Experience managing resources across multiple time zones
- Ability to lead and interact with a diverse group of technical and administrative associates
- Demonstrates accountability, transparency, and integrity
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Maintains a commitment to personal and professional development
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdfto view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Change Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment at Change Healthcare is based upon your individual merit and qualifications. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, protected veteran status or disability, genetic characteristic, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We will also make all reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.