At Drger, it is our passion and dedication to protect, support and save lives. Our dedication to life naturally extends to the quality of our employees' lives. They are the essence of our company, and without them, we would not be what we are today - a world leader in medical and safety technology. We are searching for people who want to join us in building "Technology for Life".
Acts as technical expert for the networking software modalities, providing escalated technical support including service updates, service instruction and problem resolution with focus on customer satisfaction and maximizing revenue opportunities.
- Reviews and verifies service documentation releases from Global Services and Local Product Management teams for accuracy, completeness and practical application as it applies to the local service strategy; may recommend changes. Provides new release information to Service and other impacted employees.
- As the escalation point person for networking software modalities, acts as technical expert to support service teams, other cross functional areas and customers to assist in the resolution of complex service related technical issues. Escalates technical issues that cannot be resolved on the local level to the appropriate global point of contact.
- Reviews the release of Technical Information, disseminates and clarifies information for networking software modalities. Serves as the Technical Lead with resolution planning on complicated product/system problems via remote direction or at customer sites as required.
- Facilitates the development of technical expertise with Service Teams and other impacted cross functional teams. As the technical expert, provides insight and content for the development of formal technical training programs including the preparation of instructional materials. May provide formal training as needed.
- Develops and updates service policies and procedures for networking software modalities with a focus on improving efficiencies.
- Collaborates on any field actions that may occur as needed. Facilitates field corrective actions by liaising with other cross functional teams, developing a plan of action and coordinating with the Service team for plan implementation. Reports on status of field corrective actions as required.
- Serves as the local technical point of contact for new product releases and product revisions for assigned products. In coordination with Product Marketing, provides ongoing communication of the product progress to impacted service teams (e.g. Service Marketing, Service Operations, Technical Teams, etc.)
- Performs other duties as needed and assigned.
Associate degree from an accredited institution with a focus on Information Technology, Computer Science or Systems Management. Vendor certifications (CCNA, MCSA, Network etc.) desirable.
Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in a technical position in either a support or break/fix role with progressive technical development and capacity for learning and applying sophisticated solutions to problems with a focus on the customer satisfaction.
supporting and/or implementing various IT/Networking Administration in a professional environment.
- Proven technical skills with IT
- Remote access tools (RDP, Dameware, TightVNC)
- Windows server 2008, 2012&2016
- Virtual servers and resource allocation
- Network troubleshooting
Preferred experience in Packet capture/analysis (wireshark , Omnipeek ) and Network
- Demonstrates aptitude for learning new technologies and/or instructing others
- Effective communication skills
- Results oriented with quality focus
- Team player with effective interpersonal skills who is able to work effectively with personnel in various departments, at various levels and in various locations to achieve the objectives of the organization
- Ability to comprehend and express oral and written communication
- Ability to use computers and computer systems (includes hardware and software)
- Consistently demonstrates professionalism
- Demonstrated commitment to customer satisfaction
- Ability to focus on details, recall/retain information
- Ability to work together with others and in a team atmosphere; while displaying civility, cordiality, friendliness, empathy, etc.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with varying amounts of individual responsibilities, conflict resolution, redirected priorities, etc.
- Ability to travel up to 25-30% of the time (by automobile, train, plane)
- Ability to work in a remote capacity (when needed) and execute on all responsibilities
In North America, Draeger employees over 1,400 employees working in our major sites in the United States and Canada (in the US: Andover, MA; Telford, PA; Houston / Coppell, TX, and in Canada: Mississauga, ON), including our Sales and Service workforce employees from coast to coast.
Our US headquarters located north of Philadelphia in Telford, Pennsylvania is our US manufacturing site for our Neonatal product line supplying many global customers as well as production support for Draeger's Safety products. This location also serves as the key site for essential US functions which includes Medical Sales and Service Management, Medical Marketing, Legal, Compliance, Regulatory, Quality and Finance.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and Veteran
Draeger is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.