At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity is looking for an experienced and dynamic Engineering leader to join its Appliance team as the Head of Engineering and Product Development for the Tubing and Relay product lines, reporting to the CTO/VP Engineering. Tubing and Relays are two distinct Product Line Portfolios within the Appliance business unit of TE Connectivity with more than $250 million in revenue. We provide components and solutions to global OEM customers in the major home appliance markets. The Director of Product Development will lead a global team of Engineers and Technical staff to develop innovative solutions for these industry-leading Appliance OEM customers. This leader will build and lead a high-performing team and will have direct responsibility to drive definition, development and deployment of technology, platform and product roadmaps that will drive growth in both existing and new markets for the Appliance Business. The Director of Engineering will lead a team of 30+ engineers located primarily in the UK, Czech Republic and China.
- Execute the vision and strategy for the Tubing and Relays Engineering organization, in alignment with business objectives.
- Drive Engineering efficiency and functional excellence within the Tubing and Relays engineering organization.
- Lead a team of 30+ product development engineers and technical staff responsible for the success of multiple regional and global New Product Development, Sustaining Engineering and New Technology projects.
- Develop and execute new technology roadmaps that will create and sustain a long-term high growth trajectory for the business
- Drive accountability in the organization to deliver results through TE’s product development process (LEANPD).
- Partner with Operations to ensure a smooth transition and launch of development projects into production.
- Drive cost reductions in sustaining production through engineering design changes, process redesign, materials, automation (including digital factory), and technology updates.
- Partner with Product Management and the Commercial/Sales teams from both Appliances and other TE business units (Automotive and Industrial) to develop roadmaps for product and platforms that drive revenue growth and position TE as a technology leader, innovator, and partner to our OEM customers.
- Meet with and develop long-term strategic relationships with key OEM customers
- Providing training, coaching, and mentorship to team members creating a team mindset and culture that’s aligned with TE core values.
What your background should look like:
- BS Engineering required. Preferred discipline: Mechanical, Material Science, Electrical Engineering. Advanced Engineering Degree Preferred, MBA desirable
- 15+ years minimum combined engineering experience with minimum 5 years in high volume product development and launch into production.
- Proven record of identifying new technology trends, mapping to technology and product roadmaps that successfully generate value long term growth for the business
- Proven success in Engineering leadership and proven people leader with minimum 10 years in combined direct reporting or matrix reporting leadership.
- Ability to lead engineering excellence in the framework of a PMO driven, projectized environment. Able to attract and motivate top technical talent and skilled in people development.
- Strong DFM / DFA / Concurrent Development Experience. Familiarity with Design for Six Sigma, lean principles, quality engineering practices and principles.
- Strong business acumen relative to project business case development and market analysis, capital management, P&L, and budget management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong influencing and motivational skills and the ability to build strong, credible relationships with multiple organization functions (inside and outside of TE)
- Capability to work in a fasted paced, dynamic global environment with multiple changing priorities
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- This position may require up to 25% travel
Building Effective Teams
Managing and Measuring Work
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
SET : Strategy, Execution, Talent (for managers)
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivityis a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at and on , , and .
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.