Job TitleProject Superintendent
Job Description SummarySupervises all on-site construction, schedules sub-contractors, resolves day-to-day problems, and inspects all work to ensure compliance with plans and specifications.
* Assists in bidding construction projects and reading construction plans.
* Reviews construction proposals, contracts, purchase orders, and work authorizations regarding the proposed scope of work, customer expectations, and project objectives.
* Manages daily activities on site, supervises and manages work performed, resolves issues, troubleshoots as necessary and directs sub-contractors and crews.
* Ensures that construction of all projects proceeds on schedule and in accordance with expectations around quality.
* Accomplishes construction project results by following detailed scopes of work, standards, and protocols. Assist Project Manager with schedules and coordinates sub-contractors work.
* Conducts daily visual inspections of work performed to ensure that installation is in accordance with design specifications.
* Prevents incidents, fines and interruptions by ensuring compliance with, and enforcing, all relevant codes and regulations.
* Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures, as well as complying with legal regulations.
* Enhances the organization's reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests. Explores opportunities and takes action to add value whenever possible.
* Regularly makes suggestions and recommendations in the vein of continuous improvement.
* Troubleshoots and identifies construction problems; offers timely, safe and cost-effective solutions.
* Reviews and maintains accurate documentation of technical site details (drawings, Scope of Work documents, Bills of Materials, etc.)
* Ensures that as-built conditions are fully documented in the field at appropriate project milestones.
* Completes necessary reports and meets with the Project Manager to discuss construction progress.
* Completes other duties as assigned.
This job operates in a construction field environment supporting both interior and exterior projects. Includes night and weekend work with routine overtime. Required to travel between PA campus properties in varying weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Must have ability to stoop, stand, climb, occasionally lift a minimum of 25 lbs. of equipment
* Involves movement between departments, floors, and properties to facilitate work
* Ability to speak clearly so others can understand you
* Ability to read and understand information presented orally and in writing
* Regularly required to utilize vision abilities, allowing reading of printed material, drawings, and schematics
C&W provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees during employment are treated without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.