With a history dating back to 1925, Alliant Insurance Services is one of the nation’s leading distributors of diversified insurance products and services. As one of the 10 largest insurance brokerage firms in the U.S., Alliant operates through a national network of offices providing property and casualty, workers’ compensation, employee benefits, surety, and financial products and services to clients nationwide.
More information is available on the company's web site at: .
Responsible for supporting the origination, management, and execution of reports and closing documentation associated with insurance due diligence for non-recourse financing and other domestic and international financial transactions. Supports the liaison and relationship development with C Suite/Treasury, Legal Counsel, and other financial advisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare engagement letters and provide clients a detailed documentation check-list required to perform the scope of work.
- Review project/transaction information, term sheet, information memorandum, engineering and environmental reports as the documents become available.
- Review the key project contracts provided by the project company, sponsors, agent, or client with respect to insurance requirements imposed on the project.
- Compare contractual insurance requirements against standard industry practice and current market availability; advise if there are any unusual or adverse requirements that could affect the project’s ability to achieve or maintain compliance with their insurance obligations.
- Review existing or proposed project insurance policies, certificates, and cover notes of insurance.
- Recommend the minimum insurance program that will be required to support insurable interests and provide input and/or assistance into drafting the insurance requirements for financial documentation.
- Present all findings in final reports for closing of the Financing (the “Closing”).
- Review insurance documentation for closing and recommend changes or additional information including appropriate certificate of insurance language.
- Issue customary closing certification of the projects’ compliance with insurance requirements as defined in the definitive credit agreement for the Financing (the “Credit Agreement”).
- Originate weekly calls to update transaction list, allocate work, etc.
- Collection of fees, reconciliation and resolution of any oustanding balances within 90 days of invoicing date.
- Comply with agency management system data standards and data integrity (enter and maintain complete and accurate information).
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10+ years related work experience
- Multi-industry property and casualty experience with project construction and operations for large companies with focus on power, energy infrastructure and construction
- International and domestic project finance experience including tax equity, acquisitions, and construction financing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Good understanding of international insurance programs including lenders endorsements, reinsurance, cut through and other related clauses for perfecting lenders interests in insurance associated with transactions
- Strategic knowledge solutions in areas such as predictive analytics, risk/return of insurance programs
- Contract review and development experience on material project contracts associated with projects, project construction and operations
- Transfer of risk and contract interpretation experience (insurance or operational risk mitigation)
- M&A, spin-off, divesture and bankruptcy experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills
- Excellent planning, organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to work well within a team and to foster teamwork
- Ability to provide strategic advice and critical issue analysis to clients
We are proud to provide comprehensive, high quality employee programs to meet employees’ needs now and in the future, including a very competitive financial package. We encourage you to explore what we have to offer.
For immediate consideration for this position, please click on the “Submit Resume” button.
Alliant Insurance Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
If you are applying for a job and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call our Career Center at 1-877-901-9473 and let us know the nature of your request and contact information.