Job DescriptionJob Title: Professional Staff Nurse, Home Health (Greensburg & Surrounding areas)
Job ID: 956845490
Shift: Day Job
Facility: UPMC Home Healthcare
Department: Skilled Nur South Pod C
Join UPMC Home Health and provide one-on-one care and teaching with patients and families that are living in Greensburg, PA and surrounding areas.
Home health nursing can provide you with an impactful career that also provides opportunities for advancement, access to the most modern equipment and technology, and excellent benefits. Our home health nurses love the flexible daylight hours, one-on-one patient care, independence, focus on patient education, and having the ability to be true patient advocates.
Job title and salary will be based upon qualifications and career ladder requirements.
**This position is eligible for a $5,000 sign on bonus, apply now to learn more!**
- Coordinates case management activities within a multi-disciplinary health care team to insure appropriate delivery of services to patients
- Attends and participates in patient care conferences, team meetings and other related meetings
- Performs duties and job responsibilities in a fashion which coincides with the service management philosophy of UPMC Home Health Care towards patients, visitors, staff, peers, physicians and other departments within the organization
- Identifies, develops and participates in process improvement opportunities within the home health agency that will enhance the quality of the services we provide.
- Supervises and teaches other nursing personnel including LPNs and Home Health Aides
- Identifies, investigates and recommends solutions to organization issues. Identifies any deficits or exceptional performance issues of other nursing personnel, LPNs and Aides, and recommends solutions
- Initiates, coordinates and evaluates patient and family centered health teaching
- Establishes the plan of care in collaboration with the physician, patient and UM Professional in accordance with the physician orders and patient needs
- Completes documentation including visit assessment, OASIS, 485 and Verbal Orders accurately and promptly on the laptop device or in written documentation while in the patient's home and within the agency's and regulatory standards
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- UPMC Home Health Care approved certification preferred
- Minimum of 6 months of nursing experience in an Acute Care Facility or Skilled Care Facility
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- UPMC approved national certification preferred.
- Current Pennsylvania licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse.
- CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- Act 33 Child Clearance
- Act 34 Criminal Clearance
- Automotive Insurance
- Basic Life Support or Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
- Driver's License
- Older Adult Protective Services Act
- Registered Nurse
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Salary Range: $26.74 to $41.09 / hour
Union Position: No
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.