Sellars is currently expanding our Atglen operations and we are seeking positive, engaged individuals to join our growing Atglen team. This is a great opportunity to come on board and grow with the Company.
Through hard work, dedication, tireless innovation, a commitment to quality, and above all its people, the company has transformed over the past 35 years from a small operation to a fully integrated manufacturer of disposable wipers, disposable shop towels and spill control products, with multiple facilities located in Milwaukee and its Pennsylvania operation. As a company, Sellars is deeply committed to and passionate about the environment, as we have a unique green and sustainable story with recycled and renewable input materials leaving a small ecological footprint.
We are seeking a night shift (6:45 pm - 7:00 am) Machine Operator for our Sellars Nonwovens facility located in Atglen, PA. This position currently works a 4-3 schedule (Monday - Thursday). This person will have the opportunity to train up to a Lead operator position.
* Demonstrate personal safety and help maintain a safe work environment for themselves and fellow members of the production team.
* Troubleshoot malfunctions or production issues and offer improvement ideas.
* Continuously work as a hands-on, working operator.
* Responsible for equipment set-up, adjustment and operation.
* Responsible for roll set up/change over.
* Process finished product (test quality, shrink wrap, etc.)
* Perform routine maintenance on production assets and/or assist Maintenance Technicians as needed.
Required Education & Experience
* High school diploma or equivalent preferred but not required.
* Minimum of 1-3 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment desired.
* Prior experience working in a continuous production process preferred.
* Strong mechanical aptitude and problem solving skills required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to constantly walk and stand for 12 hr shifts
* Ability to work in a hot environment during summer months.
* Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
* Occasional bending or kneeling required.
* Must be able to climb stairs and ladders.
Benefits - Available on 1st Day of Employment!
* Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
* Matching 401(k) Contribution
* Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
* Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
* Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
At Sellars you are able to connect with your co-workers, see firsthand the results of your work and be part of a stable, friendly, team-focused environment. For additional benefits information, please visit www.sellarsjobs.com