Job Description and Qualifications
The Advanced Systems Process Controls Engineer is responsible for providing a broad range of technical support to projects, customers, maintenance technicians and other Customer Engineering personnel for Advanced Systems, Customer Engineering and Hydrogen Energy Systems that incorporate process controls. This Engineering position is a part of the North American Customer Engineering organization. It is a broad role with many interfaces that supports the development, fabrication and ongoing support of equipment that APCI supplies for various customer industrial gas applications. The mission of the Advanced Systems Process Controls Engineer is to promote electrical safe practices, to develop and maintain consistent control panel designs, to support operations by providing troubleshooting for electrical systems, and to ensure proper support and training for field maintenance technicians.
The Advanced Systems Process Controls Engineer is involved with the design and fabrication of control systems supporting multiple business areas. Advanced Systems projects are centered around high pressure pumping system applications in LOX/LIN/LAR/LHE and LHY for a broad range of customers in the steelmaking, oil and aerospace industries. We support/maintain over 200 APCI owned pumping systems in North America. HES projects primarily involve forklift and bus fueling stations. The Geographical Scope of Advanced Systems / Customer Engineering is North America.
The successful candidate will work with internal and external customers, suppliers and fabricators in a multidisciplinary role as both a design engineer and the process controls / startup engineer.
- Support the Advanced Systems, Customer Engineering, and HES Project engineering groups with new and existing installations which include:
- Control and Power Panel Design
- PLC setup, programming and commissioning
- Panel / system checkouts and startup support
- Preparation of complete documentation packages
- Execution of projects with a cost range of $10,000 - $2,000,000.
- New build fabrication and refurbishment of equipment in existing product lines for customer deployment.
- Participation in the design and development of new product equipment offerings.
- Supporting the development of standard product design packages for existing equipment offerings.
- Provide technical support to internal Commercial and Operations teams and external customers to solve problems with installed equipment or improve existing operations.
- Generate Management of Change (MOC) documentation
- Drive the company culture of Safety, Speed, Simplicity and Self-confidence within the process controls team.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
The candidate requires cross-functional engineering experience with a basic knowledge of project development and project engineering. A passion and ability to think creatively, to develop new concepts, and to design completely new systems and technologies is required. Strong technical skills and an interest to apply them are critical to the position. Basic requirements include:
- B.S. Mechanical or Chemical Engineering with 3-5 years of engineering experience.
- Process Controls programming knowledge is required. Specifically, Siemens Tia portal is our current operating platform. Knowledge of piping, instrumentation and controls are required.
- Must be a self-starter who takes initiative in learning and implementing new methods, concepts and/or technologies.
- Most have strong ability to multi-task in a busy work environment.
- Strong technical capabilities including the basic understanding of the process technologies employed in customer engineering is preferred.
- Previous customer focus and interactions experience is preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of Environmental, Health and Safety Standards with a demonstrated commitment to safety.
- Self-directed, self-motivated, able to work independently.
- Ability to travel to customer sites within North America.
To learn more, visit .
Air Products offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance and retirement plans.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
PROCESS CONTROLS ENGINEER
North America - Exempt
Type of Relocation Benefits Provided
Global Industrial Gases
Business Sector / Division
Industrial Gases Americas
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Air Products is also committed to Employment Equity (Canada).
Individuals who may have an accommodation need related to applying for positions with Air Products in the U.S. and Canada, should contact Air Products at 1-800-966-2724, Option #1.