Job Description and Qualifications
The Advanced Systems Project Engineer position is a broad role with many interfaces, both internal and external to Air Products. This Engineering position will provide the candidate with an opportunity to work closely with customers and requires interface with numerous internal organizations including Sales, Logistics, Product Management, Customer Service and Operations. The role is a part of the North American Customer Engineering organization. The position is responsible for a wide range of technical support to projects, customers, maintenance technicians and sales staff for Advanced Systems, Customer Engineering and the H2fM systems.
The primary project focus is on the design, fabrication, installation and startup of Advanced Systems that require high pressure or high flow at customer locations. These applications are in hydrogen, nitrogen, argon, helium, oxygen service. The role also encompasses the ongoing support of equipment that APCI has supplied for various customer industrial gas applications.
Typical projects involve compression equipment along with associated controls, piping, and gas storage. These systems supply diverse applications including petrochemicals, refining, manufacturing, alternative fuel applications, and testing. Projects are a combination of engineer-to-order systems that meet the industrial gas needs of our customers as well as product-based systems to provide low cost solutions for various applications.
The successful candidate will work with internal and external customers, suppliers and fabricators in a multidisciplinary role as both a design engineer and overall project manager.
- Design and manage new Advanced Systems customer station installations or modifications to existing systems from the proposal phase through implementation.
- Execution of projects with a cost range of $50,000 - $3,000,000.
- Provide engineering support to Air Products' customers, sales personnel, and the Customer Engineering Maintenance organization.
- Prepare scope of work documents detailing system design criteria and customer versus Air Products installation roles and responsibilities.
- Conduct site evaluations to ensure compliance with NFPA and local regulations.
- Generate installation cost estimates, BOM's, detailed Equipment layouts, foundation drawings and P&ID's.
- Work with Authorities having Jurisdiction to successfully obtain required permits.
- Prepare construction packages containing system details and drawings, budgetary information, safety checklists, and other installation requirements.
- Complete project closeout activities, including actual vs. budget cost justification and drawing as-builts.
- Participate in the design and development of new product equipment offerings.
- Follow all internal work processes for safety, engineering, project management, and operations.
- Drive the company culture of Safety, Speed, Simplicity and Self-confidence within the project team.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
The candidate requires cross-functional engineering experience with a basic knowledge of project development and project engineering. A passion and ability to think creatively, to develop new concepts, and to design completely new systems and technologies is required. Strong technical skills and an interest to apply them are critical to the position. Basic requirements include:
- B.S. in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Excellent customer management skills
- 5+ years Engineering experience
- High Ethical Standards - unwilling to compromise on worker safety and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated Project management skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-directed, self-motivated, able to work independently
- Ability to travel to customer sites in the within North America
To learn more, visit .
Air Products offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance and retirement plans.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
North America - Exempt
Type of Relocation Benefits Provided
Global Industrial Gases
Business Sector / Division
Industrial Gases Americas
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Air Products is also committed to Employment Equity (Canada).
Individuals who may have an accommodation need related to applying for positions with Air Products in the U.S. and Canada, should contact Air Products at 1-800-966-2724, Option #1.