Job DescriptionJob Title: Licensed Practical Nurse- Weatherwood Manor
Job ID: 847335608
Shift: Evening Job
Department: Personal Care
Join the team that's providing the highest quality of care to seniors in our communities. With state-of-the-art safety protocols and the support of an academic medical center, UPMC Senior Communities has demonstrated a continued commitment to keeping both our residents and our employees safe and healthy, especially throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
Make a true impact at our senior living facilities, where you'll have the confidence that your care is clinically backed by a best-in-class health care system and the rewarding knowledge that you are changing lives every day.
In this Full-Time role, you will work under the direction of a registered nurse (RN). The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides resident care within the scope of the Practical Nurse Act of Pennsylvania. The LPN, in collaboration with other members of the interdisciplinary team, ensures the physical, medical and psychosocial needs of the resident are met. Light weekends and holiday rotation is required. This position will work the evening shift, 2:30PM-11PM.
Located in Greensburg, Weatherwood Manor is an assisted living community nestled at the foothills of the Laurel Mountains with a panoramic view of downtown Greensburg. In this elegant yet homelike setting, our residents pursue personal health and independence alongside our world-class health care providers. Join our team in enriching the lives of our residents today!
- Assure equipment malfunctions are reported to the appropriate department. Establish appropriate and effective communication strategies. Establish professional and respectful interpersonal relationships. Participate in health care conferences. Contribute to the universal unit activities including, but not limited to, responding to call lights and telephones, passing meal trays and transporting patients.
- Assist the RN and interdisciplinary team in evaluating, planning, and implementing plans of care. Provide appropriate, direct patient care. Give injections, take vital signs, perform basic diagnostic tests, observe patients, dress wounds and administer medication. Comply with established medication use policies. Observe and record patient's symptoms, condition, and/or reactions to medications and treatments and report results to the RN in charge. Communicate effectively with patients and families about hospital stay and home care concerns. Instruct and demonstrate care. Discuss any patient or family concerns with RN in charge so that issue can be appropriately addressed. Perform assigned work in a timely and productive manner. Strictly adhere to all policies and practices relative to patient care and hospital-related information. Comply with safety policies and procedures including standard precautions.
- Maintain current CPR certification at Health Care Provider level. Constructively receive feedback and direction. Identify and communicate learning needs to the unit director. Take action to improve knowledge, skills and performance based on feedback or on self-identified developmental needs. Serve as a resource for staff and other disciplines. Serve as a preceptor for new staff members. Request assistance and reviews relevant policies and procedures prior to performing new or challenging skills. Request assistance to help in planning and prioritizing activities as needed. Participate in self-review as requested by unit director. Participate in project and committee work.
- Suggest and support changes within the department. Assume responsibility for assignment and view problems as challenges. Demonstrate awareness of behavior on the efficient functioning of the department.
- Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Pennsylvania
- CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Act 34 OAPSA
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Salary Range: $19.59 to $27.17 / hour
Union Position: No
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.