Founded in 1886, Buckeye Partners, L.P. has a proven track record of stability and success. We pride ourselves on the laser focus we apply to safely providing service and value to our customers, operating under a strong set of values, and empowering our employees to make decisions. We have a tenacious commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance in all that we do.
It is our internal culture that sets us apart from other companies. Our goal is to provide our employees with a greater span of responsibility, the ability to make decisions, and access to experts to help you build your skills and experiences. Each of our career tracks provides employees with the ability to innovate, and be a significant contributor from their first day on the job.
Buckeye Partners is currently seeking a Project Manager II with experience managing pipeline and/or terminal projects in the Oil & Gas Industry to join our team in Coraopolis, PA!
The Project Manager II role is responsible for providing project management services for pipeline, station, and terminal projects throughout Buckeye.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions include:
Size of Projects: $15,000 - $1.5 million
- Project Initiating and Planning. Completing development of project scopes of work, cost estimates, schedules, work plans, and resource requirements as part of the initiation and planning phases of the project life cycle.
- Project Implementation. Managing implementation (project design, engineering, purchasing/contracting, construction, startup and commissioning, and closing) of projects in the petroleum industry and developing current reports regarding Project Status and Cost Forecasting.
- Project Approvals. Evaluating and obtaining approval of changes to project scopes of work, budgets, and/or schedules and completing all required documentation of changes
- Lead or facilitate meetings and ensure, as appropriate, that minutes are documented and distributed.
- Plan and organize system and facility downtime, startup and commissioning with Operations, Transportation, the Control Center, and other Functional Departments
- Manages large projects with multiple technical disciplines. Manages and leads engineering providers for large scope and drawing creation.
- Provide SME input to the district and Cooperate support staff.
- Project Completion. Ensuring development of Construction and Operational Punch Lists and completion of all outstanding items and ensure completion of project documentation such as as-built drawings, operating manuals, PM's, equipment tagging, device settings, and Completion Certificates.
- And other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering required or PM Certification from Project Management Institute or 10 years of experience managing projects in the petroleum industry.
- Experience and demonstrated aptitude in most phases of engineering, construction, and operations of pipeline, station, and terminal facilities.
- Up to 30% travel
Certificates & Licenses:
- Primavera Software - Advanced
- EIT Certification and intentions to obtain or have obtained a PE license is desirable.
- PM Certification from Project Management Institute is desirable.
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
- Demonstrated aptitude in some phases of engineering, construction, and operations of pipeline, station, and terminal facilities
- Assist with development of special projects, as needed
- Ability to manage outside Engineering firms
- This position requires the ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and or/quantitative productivity standards.
- This role requires the ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- This position requires compliance with all personnel policies.
Physical & Safety Requirements:
- This role is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.
- This position requires the employee to regularly access and work at or around heights in excess of 5 feet, moving mechanical parts, moving on-track rail equipment, petroleum product or other chemical fumes, airborne particles like dust or other chemicals, vibration, uneven terrain, and high noise level in the work environment.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move inside the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- This role continuously operates a computer and other office productivity equipment (i.e. a calculator, copy machine and computer printer).
- The incumbent in this role must wear Fire Retardant Clothing (FRC) and/or Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee is frequently required to effectively communicate with others.
- This position requires the ability to work comfortably and safely in the proximity to open water.
- This position is subject to DOT drug and alcohol regulations
To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees must Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. You must be able to work independently. You must also be able to exercise tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing with internal clients and external counterparties (customers, vendors, etc.), as well as when handling sensitive and confidential information.
Buckeye Partners wants to create and reward an organizational focus that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of our employees and results in innovative ways of reducing costs, generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving processes.
Buckeye Partners, L.P. is the logistical solutions partner of choice for the global energy business and one of the nation's largest independent petroleum products pipeline transportation and terminalling service provider; our strength is to create centers of expertise around our products, technologies and client needs.