Job DescriptionJob Title: Environmental Svcs Supervisor - UPMC McKeesport
Job ID: 70246234
Shift: Day Job
Department: Environmental Srvs
Have you always wanted to get your healthcare career started? Are you interested in a position that offers terrific benefits and opportunities to grow? Do you enjoy working "hands on" in a team environment? Then you may be a perfect fit for our role in the Environmental Services Department at UPMC McKeesport.
UPMC McKeesport is currently looking to hire a fulltime Environmental Services Supervisor to work a day shift with rotation to second shift as needed. This position will also work rotating weekends and holidays.
Supervise and coordinate activities and provide direct report to cleaning crews engaged in housekeeping activities. Manage all functions related to personnel efficiency and performance.
- Maintain communications and act as a liaison between all shifts and departments in order to ensure smooth operation and continuity of work.
- Understand and apply principles of situational leadership and the Transformational
- Participate and attend system, hospital, and nursing committees as required.
- Model and develop staff through these mechanisms.
- Evaluate employees and supervise the completion of personnel reports and evaluations of employees.
- Inspect and evaluate the physical condition of the hospital. Recommend painting, wallpapering, furnishings, etc. to improve sanitation, appearance and efficiency.
- Maintain an adequate quantity of essential operating supplies and equipment. Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the latest technology and evaluates the current trends regularly.
- Plan work schedules and assign hours and areas of work to ensure adequate services for all areas of hospital responsibility.
- Continuously check assigned areas to be sure work is being accomplished and personnel are following schedules, including set ups and moves.
- Participate in Human Resource functions which include but is not limited to hiring, termination, performance evaluation, disciplinary actions, and counseling.
- Instruct and train employees in the various methods of cleaning and project work.
Act 34 OAPSA
High school diploma or equivalent.
2 years experience in housekeeping/laundry supervision required.
Excellent knowledge of housekeeping work plans and computer skills required.
Excellent customer service and CQI skills.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Salary Range: $16.64 to $27.17 / hour
Union Position: No
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.