Job DescriptionJob Title: Nursing Assistant
Job ID: 2000008T
Hours: Variable Shifts
Facility: UPMC Senior Communities
Department: Personal Care
Are you a Nursing Assistant interested in a career that provides plenty of opportunity for growth and development? Join our team at Weatherwood Manor! With an excellent benefits package, multiple shifts available, and competitive wages, we invite you to explore this opportunity with us today.
Assist the nursing team in delivering the highest quality of care to the residents. Represent nursing leadership in off-hours, managing emergencies, customer service issues, and ensuring staffing coverage.
- Assure equipment malfunctions are reported to the appropriate department.
- Establish appropriate and effective communication strategies.
- Establish professional and respectful interpersonal relationships.
- Contribute to the universal unit activities including, but not limited to, responding to call lights and telephones, passing meal trays and transporting residents.
- Assist new employees in following established facility policies and procedures.
- Listen to resident/family concerns and assume responsibility for follow through.
- Provide feedback to the Director of Resident Care and Charge LPN regarding resident care and report changes in resident's status.
- Document in the Nursing Assistant notes to established procedures.
- Comply with safety policies and procedures including standard precautions and understand policies and procedures for blood borne pathogen exposure.
- Strictly adhere to all policies and practices relative to resident care and facility related information, respond within the scope of the nursing assistant role to emergent situations, Provide companionship/supervision one on one with residents as required.
- Maintain current CPR certification at Heart Saver level and First Aide. Constructively receive feedback and direction. Identify and communicates learning needs to the Resident Support Coordinator.
- Take action to improve knowledge, skills and performance.
- Request assistance in planning and prioritizing activities as needed.
- Participate in self-review as requested by the Director of Resident Care. Complete required Department of Human Services/UPMC annual education requirements.
- Provide direct resident care as assigned by the Charge Nurse, Aide or Director of Resident Care.
- Including all activities of daily living such as bathing, feeding, transporting, toileting and ambulating patients.
- Maintain an environment conducive to resident safety and recovery including, but not limited to, completing safety checks, keeping the department and resident rooms clean and organized, cleaning department specific equipment, changing bed linens, emptying linen hampers, responsible for personal laundry, keeping hallways clear of equipment and returning equipment.
- Deliver resident nourishments.
- Perform routine tests such as but not limited to resident weights and vital signs.
- Acquire and distribute supplies and equipment to facilitate resident care delivery including, but not limited to performing messenger functions, ordering, setting up resident care equipment within the scope of the nursing assistant position.
- Suggest and support changes within the department. Assume responsibility for assignment and views problems as challenges. Demonstrate awareness of behavior on the efficient functioning of the department.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of body mechanics and transfer techniques - Preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire.
- Act 34 Criminal Clearance
- Basic Life Support or Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation or First Aid Certification
- Older Adult Protective Services Act
Salary Range: $13.55 to $20.23 / hour
Union Position: no
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.