STG International (STGi) is currently seeking a Licensed Clinical Social Worker to provide services for a Community Based Outpatient Clinic in City, State.
The clinic operates Monday – Friday during normal business hours.
The general duty of the Medical Social Worker (MSW)/Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) is to provide social work services under the direction of the CBOC Primary Care Physician, Psychiatrist, Nurse Practitioner, HNFS' VA Operations Management representative, and VAMC personnel.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide social work service based on physician's orders to meet the needs (physical, mental, and emotional) of patients.
- Provide initial social work assessment for adult/ geriatric Primary Care and/or Psychiatric patients.
- Participate in the completion of treatment, discharge planning, referrals and placements of patients as applicable.
- Provide coverage for chemically dependent patients as applicable.
- Provide psychotherapeutic intervention of a specialized nature to patients and or families having severe to complex psychosocial difficulties.
- Provide referrals for patients and families for individual, group, marital, family, financial or activity therapies.
- Provide mandatory reporting activities including Child Protective Services (CPS), Adult Protective Services (APS) and Elder Abuse.
- Provide crises intervention, supportive counseling and problem solving interventions as applicable.
- Serve as a member of a multidisciplinary treatment team that meets to assess treatment needs, diagnosis and/or develop treatment strategies and goals.
- Review progress of treatment(s) and provide appropriate feedback to a member of the multidisciplinary treatment team.
- Function as a primary liaison between families/friends of assigned patients, and between HNFS and the VAMC.
- Serve as a community liaison with VA and Community Mental Health Centers and other appropriate agencies.
- Serve as a resource person to other CBOC staff members regarding other community services and programs.
- Ability to provide Group Therapy in accordance with state licensure and regulations.
- Maintain universal precautions and infection control practices.
- Provide smooth and timely flow of patients in accordance with the VA access standards and triage protocol.
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and assist during respiratory and cardiac arrest procedures as applicable.
- Document all pertinent patient information in their medical records and VISTA to demonstrate quality care delivery and promote continuity of care.
- Maintain the VISTA (Veteran Health Information Systems and Technology Architecture) clinic reminder tracking system current for each enrolled patient.
- Assist in scheduling patients for initial and follow up appointments in accordance to the VA access standards and the patient's medical/psychosocial/psychiatric necessity.
- Maintain patient informed regarding their plan of care.
- Provide health educational, materials and resources to patients and their families for informational purposes.
- Assist the Clinic Manager in ensuring all patient information on access/wait time documentation is complete and accurate.
- Assist the Clinic Manager in ensuring all patient information on electronic encounter documentation is complete and accurate.
- Participate in the ongoing Performance Improvement Program between Contractor, its Subcontractor(s), and the VAMC.
- Ensure that all required documentation and reports are completed in an accurate, timely fashion and complete fashion.
- Responsible to assist with the clinic's compliance of all Federal, state, local, JCAHO, OSHA, Veteran Affairs, Contractor VA Program and Subcontractor safety and operational regulations, directives and standards.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information and support patients' privacy, rights, and safety.
- Perform other work related duties as assigned.
STG International, Inc. (STGi) is a dynamic government contracting company dedicated to providing leading-edge Medical Staffing services to our government and military clientele.
Outside of Medical Staffing services, STGi also provides Human Resource Services and System Solutions, Management and Data Resources Consulting Services, and Professional and Administrative Services.
Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, STGi was founded in 1997 to provide high quality management and technical services to federal clients. Previously certified by the U.S. Small Business Administration as a woman-owned, minority business, STGi is a financially sound organization poised for continued success, as is evidence by the company’s exponential growth each year.
STGi offers an outstanding benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match and a generous PTO policy. STG International is an EEO compliant organization.