Software Engineer, D&T, Digtl Mfg
West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of packaging components and delivery systems for injectable drugs and healthcare products. Working by the side of its customers from concept to patient, West creates products that promote the efficiency, reliability and safety of the world's pharmaceutical drug supply. West is headquartered in Exton, Pennsylvania, and supports its customers from locations in North and South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. West's 2018 sales of $1.7 billion reflect the daily use of approximately 112 million of its components and devices, which are designed to improve the delivery of healthcare to patients around the world.
The Software Engineer, Digital and Transformation requires knowledge and expertise to participate in the architectural design, development, and enhancement of applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understands the overall vision, business needs and the solution architecture for cross-platform mobile applications
- Develops cross platform (iOS, Android, and Windows) application using Xamarin
- Writes high-quality code for the mobile application for native and rich user experiences
- Works to build business knowledge and to transform this knowledge and business requirements into technical specifications
- Estimates technical requirements and breaks down work to user stories and tasks
- Plans, develops, tests, deploys and monitors cross-platform mobile apps in a DevOps model
- Works with Leads and Architects on various prototypes, or proof of concept, to test solution
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Hands-on experience in the following:
- Xamarin Forms and Xamarin Native development (Xamarin iOS, Xamarin Droid), Xamarin Studio or Xamarin for Visual Studio on both Apple iOS and Android platforms.
- Creating custom controls and customizing existing controls for Xamarin Apps
- UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app development, XAML and Visual Studio
- T-SQL knowledge including development of stored procedures, functions, etc.
- Knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- developing mobile applications for cloud-based solution (e.g. Azure integrations like Enterprise single sign-on with Azure Active Directory, integration with Azure Storage etc.)
- Mobile App Services, Push Notifications for both Android and iOS
- HockeyApp/Visual Studio App Center with Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) / DevOps for Mobile Apps.
- Automation Testing for Xamarin
- Feature development like offline and sync, Social integration with Facebook, Twitter, Google.
- Deploy applications to the Apple App Store or to Google Play
- Profiling cross-platform application using Xamarin Profiler
- Various code repositories like Git, TFS, etc
- Experience in SOLID principles, design patterns, and MVVM Architecture.
- Developing in an Agile methodology with Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS)
- Very good understanding and knowledge of the following:
- Overall Cross Platform app development ecosystem, lifecycle, user experiences and roadmaps
- Shared Projects and Portable Class Library (PCL)
- Core Android & iOS features, SQLite, MBaaS etc
- Best practices in cross-platform UX design and development
- Third-party components like Telerik / Syncfusion etc. is a plus.
- Xamarin Binding is a Plus.
- Familiar with SAP HANA REST API Integration with Xamarin is a plus
- Overall 3+ years of experiences in Mobile app development (2-3 years with Xamarin Forms & Xamarin Native )
- Previous development experiences on Native Android and IOS (using Core Java, Swift / XCode)
- Ability to work in a global and virtual environment and to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Willingness to global travel
- Able to be aware of all relevant SOPs as per Company policy as they are related to the position covered by this Job Description
- Able to comply with the company's safety policy at all times
- Able to comply with the company's quality policy at all times.
- Prior experience that would be a plus:
- Experience in manufacturing environment a plus.
- Experience with label software from Seagull Scientific Bartender a plus.
- Experience utilizing controls from ComponentOne, Telerik a plus
- Experience with VSTS and/or Git for source management
Experience installing, configuring and using IIS, SQL Server, Docker a plus
Physical and Travel Requirements
- 15% travel, including global travel
- Occasional on-call work required
West is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please send an email to . Where permitted by law, an offer of employment with West Pharmaceutical Services, or any of its subsidiary or affiliate companies, is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of background screening and/or a pre-employment drug screening.