HR Generalist, Exton
West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of packaging components and delivery systems for injectable drugs and healthcare products. Working by the side of its customers from concept to patient, West creates products that promote the efficiency, reliability and safety of the world's pharmaceutical drug supply. West is headquartered in Exton, Pennsylvania, and supports its customers from locations in North and South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. West's 2018 sales of $1.7 billion reflect the daily use of approximately 112 million of its components and devices, which are designed to improve the delivery of healthcare to patients around the world.
This role closely collaborates with HRBPs & HR COEs to provide local HR support to managers and employees across all assigned functions in Exton & Eagleview within the defined HR strategy and principles. Areas of responsibility include aspects of recruitment, onboarding, off boarding, legal/employee relations, training, performance management, compensation, benefits. This role will also be responsible for the development, interpretation and communication of local HR policies, procedures, guidelines and programs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organize onboarding activities for new hires in the Exton and Eagleview locations.
- Develop and create formalized onboarding program that will be executed at the Exton and Eagleview locations.
- Facilitate onboarding plans with manager, buddy and new hire assignments, including handling new hire orientation;
- Manage seating assignments
- Coordinate off-boarding activities for employees leaving West for the Exton and Eagleview locations.
- Schedules and conducts exit interview
- Funnels information learned from exit interview with appropriate parties
- Analyze turnover data and makes recommendations for improvement
- Coordinates with HR data and required internal teams to properly offboard the employees
- Looks for ways to streamline and improve the process.
- First point of HR contact for all employees in the Exton and Eagleview locations. Will work in close collaborations with HR COEs and HRBPs, on items involving performance management, employee relations, culture, engagement, recruitment & selection, onboarding, off boarding, training, development and compensation.
- Provide advice, clarification and follow-up on employment law, policies, procedures, benefits and payroll related items for employees, managers and HRBPs;
- Continually monitors the "pulse" of employees and assists in the development of programs/events that build motivation, engagement and retention;
- Manage, address and resolve employee relations concerns, including conducting thorough and objective investigations, while keeping the appropriate functional HRBP informed;
- Involved in leading or participating in developing local HR policies, practices or guidelines.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, instruction, and all safety rules.
- Partners with appropriate functional HRBP on local administrative and data compliance requirements.
- First point of contact for employees, managers and HRBPs for tactical requirements related to the performance management cycle within the HR system, including answering questions, routing forms, gathering data and sending notifications to ensure compliance by the business;
- Administer calibration meetings in the calibration software
- Assist HRBPs and managers with staffing needs including reviewing and approving appropriate job requisitions, job descriptions, interviewing and offer letters;
- Conduct trainings on topics such as HR processes, employment law and leadership.
- Manage and update the Exton and Eagleview building map and work with appropriate party to assign workstations as needed;
- Review and approve local announcements for promotions and new hires;
- Manage temporary worker database and advise on temp assignment durations;
- Ensure proper documentation is signed, routed for smooth and timely completion of processes (i.e. requisitions, change notices, etc.) and auditing employee data for accuracy.
- Participate in or lead local/regional/global HR projects, as needed.
- Actively participate in HR meetings and forums to further progress the organization's HR value proposition.
- Performs other duties as assigned based on business needs.
- Education or Equivalent Experience: Bachelor's in Business, HR or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience: 5-8 years of experience
- Experience and knowledge of multiple HR disciplines
- Wide knowledge of federal and state employment law
- Strong consultative, interpersonal and client orientation skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Capacity to handle confidential information and issues in a discrete manner
- Ability to work in a virtual environment in a global organization
- Skills & Competencies: Trustworthy, inclusive, communication and presentation to diverse and large audiences, decision making, planning and organizing, personal accountability and attention to detail
- Knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Word
PHYSICAL & TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
- Office environment
- Less than 10% travel
The job description reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not necessarily be construed as a detailed description of all of the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
West Pharmaceutical Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
West is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please send an email to . Where permitted by law, an offer of employment with West Pharmaceutical Services, or any of its subsidiary or affiliate companies, is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of background screening and/or a pre-employment drug screening.