SUMMARY OF JOB:
Responsible for the daily management of patient receivable collections functions and financial clearance unit for Hospital services and healthcare delivery. Responsible for the daily management of the Hospital and central business office cash departments, to ensure all cash is deposited and posted to the appropriate EHR system and reconciled each day. Monitors the activities of staff and external agencies to ensure collection recoveries and acts as the primary liaison with vendor business partners. Monitors the daily workflow, quality and productivity of staff and ensures staff meets reasonable work expectations. Responsible to monitor, approve and ensure compliance with bad debt and charity care guidelines. Collaborates with Health System departments to achieve the HRHS CBO key performance metric targets established by Senior Leadership.
* Bachelor's Degree required. A combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
* Minimum of five plus (5+) years of progressive billing and collections experience working for a healthcare provider required.
* HFMA or AAHAM professional certification preferred.
* Extensive knowledge and understanding of all government and payer billing regulations and payer requirements, knowledge of third party payer contracting language and reimbursement terms.
* Understanding of healthcare accounting procedures as they relate to receivables management and reporting. Knowledge of all state and federal regulations related to patient collections efforts and compliance standards.
* Knowledge of third party payer contracting language and reimbursement terms.
* Knowledge of medical terminology, ICD10, CPT, and HCPC coding.
* Familiar with multiple (widely used) healthcare patient accounting/billing systems.
* Proficiency with Excel, MS Office, Internet Explorer, and Database Management application software.
* Ability to communicate in English, both written and verbal. Additional languages are preferred.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks and accurately process high volumes of work
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public.
* Strong organizational and time management skills.
* Good analytical skills, assertive in resolving unpaid claims.