Job DescriptionJob Title: Supervisor -Behavioral Health Therapy
Job ID: 22517443
Hours: M-F, 9a-5p
Shift: Day Job
Facility: Mon Yough Community Services
Department: MH Outpatient-Adult
The Supervisor for the Behavioral Health Therapy team will provide direct clinical and administrative supervision to behavioral health therapists. As appropriate, provide clinical outpatient treatment designed to service patients with a mental health diagnosis who meet dimensions for outpatient and/or partial hospitalization treatment criteria. Acts as a senior member of the therapy team.
The ideal candidate will have a background in supervisory experience in addition to a strong clinical background. Must be licenses and an LPC, LMFT, or LCSW. Candidate with an LCSW and experience with the usage of EPIC EMR preferred.
- Assess need for additional services with the clinical team to determine appropriateness of recommendations. Refers patients to other levels of care, community based self-help programs for recovery or other community social or human services as needed.
- Takes a lead role in providing staff in-service training to the treatment team, as directed. Involved in system wide training and education initiatives outside of the scope of normal clinical responsibilities.
- Collaborate with leadership to complete annual training needs assessment per program guidelines.
- Alert management of issues by meeting regularly with director to review cases, reviewing clinical problems with director, and reviewing any staff problems with director.
- Under the guidance of the Director, Clinical Administrator or designee, provides direct clinical and administrative supervision to individual behavioral health therapists and therapy teams to ensure the care of the patients, the continuity of service delivery and the safety of the patients, staff and community, as instructed. Incorporates evidence based treatment into the clinical supervisory process related to, teaching, practicing, etc.
- Direct and assign daily work of all behavioral health therapists, performing annual performance reviews and enforcing unit and personnel policies and procedures.
- Provide oversight and as appropriate, conduct/document assessments, create treatment plans, assess changing needs of patients per guidelines for outpatient and/or partial hospitalization programs, participate in treatment team meetings, provide individual and group therapy, complete clinical documentation on the same day of service delivery, provide clinical information to patient access representative personnel and insurance providers to ensure authorization for services, reviews cases and/or groups periodically, as well as serious clinical patient condition changes with Director and as indicated.
- Maintain daily records of clinical productivity in the program as instructed.
- Provide operational support by participating in the recruitment process for new employees, coordinating the flow of new admissions, coordinating regular treatment team meetings and supervising the daily clinical activities of the program as instructed. This may include but not be limited to the oversight of clinician caseload management, group census, treatment plan quality, risk master reports, and the batch error process.
- Participate in the quality assurance and performance improvement activities of the program.
- On occasion, assumes leadership of the program in the absence of the Director to ensure the care of the patients, the continuity of service delivery and the safety of the patients, staff and community, as instructed.
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Clinical Social Worker (CSW) OR Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist OR Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) Comprehensive Crisis Management (CCMC) Act 33 with renewal Act 34 with renewal Act 73 FBI Clearance
Master's Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, Education in school counseling, or related field required.
Five years of clinical experience diagnosing and treating behavioral and psychiatric conditions required.
One year of demonstrated progressive leadership experience required.
Knowledge of psychiatric evaluation and assessment process, as well as application of current version of the DSM required.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or Licensed Marriage Family Therapist (LMFT) or Doctorate in Psychology required.
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Salary Range: $21.78 to $37.47 / hour
Union Position: No
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.