Job DescriptionJob Title: Physical Therapist, Full-Time (Greensburg/Latrobe)
Job ID: 30854219
Facility: UPMC Centers for Rehab Services
Department: Greensburg East Gate PT
UPMC Centers for Rehab Services is currently hiring a full-time Physical Therapist to support the outpatient clinic located in Greensburg, PA. The candidate will variable shifts, Monday - Friday. If this sounds like a good fit for you, we invite you to apply!
The Staff Physical Therapist reviews patient charts, performs initial assessments, develops treatment plans, administers physical therapy treatments and modalities, monitors progress and documents treatments performed with patients (including discharge planning and patient education) in order to increase overall functioning, reduce discomfort, increase or maintain flexibility and range of motion/strength, and achieve other medical and therapeutic goals.
- Communicates patient's status to the referring physician and other health care team members.
- May serves as a clinical instructor for physical therapy students as well as residents and fellows in a specialty area of physical therapy.
- Maintains professional license/registration through steady pursuit and participation in appropriate continuing education and professional development opportunities to satisfy requirements for licensure/registation renewal.
- Performs physical therapy assessment, reassessment and treatment and supervises physical therapist assistants in the treatment of pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients referred by a physician to the clinic. Develops plan of care including goals and treatment plan in accordance with physician referral, nature of injury/illness and results of physical therapy assessment. Modifies or adjusts plan of care based on patient's response to treatment and/or changes in patient's status. Works PTAs to adjust patient programs as patient status changes.
- Rotates through selected treatment areas when necessary to facilitate organizational needs.
- Attends and actively participates in staff meetings and in-service education programs.
- Maintains written documentation for all physical therapy services rendered including documentation of initial assessment, follow-up visits, and discharge summary consistent with department standards. Co-signs physical therapist assistant documentation biweekly.
- Completes necessary charge and statistical information to accurately reflect the service rendered to the patient.
- Provides verbal and/or written home instructions to patient and/or family members when applicable.
- Schedules patients to achieve and maintain a level of productivity which meets or exceeds the standard established for the facility by the organization while ensuring delivery of quality patient care.
Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Physical Therapist (PT) Act 33 with renewal Act 34 with renewal Act 73 FBI Clearance
Graduate of an accredited program approved by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Licensed or eligible for licensure in practicing state. CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hireThe Graduate Therapist is expected to:* Sit for the licensure exam at the soonest availability, not to exceed six months following onset of employment
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Salary Range: $27.91 to $42.98 / hour
Union Position: No
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.