Job DescriptionJob Title: Food Service Attendant - (Casual) Canterbury Place
Job ID: 36255884
Department: 97440 CANTR Dietary
The Food Service Attendant will be responsible for the timely assembly, final preparation and service of nutritionally-appropriate and attractive meals. Practices appropriate food handling techniques and food safety procedures in all aspects of job. Demonstrates excellent customer service skills on a consistent basis.
- Assures the necessary food and service equipment / utensils are secured for assigned area prior to meal service.
- Adheres to department procedures regarding the operation of all food service equipment.
- May also perform the following job responsibilities based on Facility/Department requirements:
- Inventories and stocks bulk supplies, following established procedures and designated timeframes.
- Patient Service Specific Responsibility: Serves patient meal tray using the designated department script, to include proper patient identification.
- Bus tables and sanitize tables and chairs.
- Deliver meals to residents' rooms when requested.
- Set tables for the following meal according to the Food Service Guidelines Manual.
- Assembles and serves meals according to diet orders, menus and patient / guest specific requirements.
- Maintains food safety and quality as mandated by PA Department of Health/Allegheny County Health Department/PA Department of Welfare (where applicable)
- Adheres to hand hygiene and infection control procedures on a consistent basis when interacting with customers.
- Performs sanitation for assigned work area in accordance with departmental procedures and health department guidelines.
Act 34 OAPSA
High School Diploma or GED or currently enrolled in high school program; 1 year previous job experience required in lieu of High school diploma/GED.
Work permit required if under 18 years old.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Salary Range: $13.65 to $21.27 / hour
Union Position: No
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.