Perform comprehensive employment related consultation, recruitment, selection, and related responsibilities to the employment process. These services include coordination of all aspects of the hiring process for departments as well as problem solving assistance related to the employment process. Assist managers to improve the quality of the organizational and operational practices through the development and implementation of recruitment and hiring strategies, which meet the ongoing and changing needs of UPMC, while supporting our commitment to achieve a culturally diverse workforce.Responsibilities:
- Serve as the primary employment consultant for designated departments. Advise and instruct all levels of management on employment policies, procedures and legal concerns.
- Realistically describe to applicants the responsibilities of any appropriate position
- Choose the most qualified candidates to refer to departments based upon documented objective criteria consistent with the legal requirements, job description, qualifications, and business unit policies in a timely manner.
- Facilitate job posting system. Confirm job requirements on recruitment request form with those on the approved job description to assure correct requirements are posted.
- Comply, analyze and prepare reports on the computer and works on special projects as requested.
- Conduct employment screening interviews for internal and external applicants, of all levels and types of positions, including management.
- Represent UPMC at external and internal functions (i.e., job fairs, UPMC sponsored events, etc.), provide the public with information about UPMC and career opportunities
- Ensure that thorough testing; reference checks and physicals have been completed prior to candidates starting employment.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information received within the guidelines of professional recruitment in compliance with federal, state, and local laws.
- Formulate cost conscious employment advertisements for client departments for publications. Evaluate responses and recommends revisions.
- Review and evaluate candidate applications and/or resume in terms of related experience, education and skill rejecting those not meeting the minimum qualifications on the approved job description.