Job DescriptionJob Title: Patient Services Representative (Various locations throughout Allegheny County)
Job ID: 190001D4
Shift: Day Job
Facility: Corporate Revenue Cycle
Do you find yourself wanting to help others, but not sure how to make your passion a career? Apply today for a Patient Services Representative with UPMC! We are seeking candidates with a strong customer service background and a desire to be empowered to ensure a positive experience during a patient's visit to UPMC.
A Patient Services Representative is responsible for welcoming patients upon arrival, promoting the usage of new and emerging consumer-friendly technologies, educating patients on their co-payments and financial obligations and collecting payments when applicable, scheduling subsequent appointments within the continuum of care, connecting patients to financial advocacy resources when appropriate, updating patients' demographics and insurance coverage information, and promoting an overall culture of service excellence.
We have a variety of full-time opportunities available throughout Allegheny County, with typical schedules being Monday-Friday, daylight hours. Occasionally we do have part-time roles. Work settings include physician practices, hospitals, and outpatient surgery departments.
Are you up for the challenge? Apply online today!
- Provide a warm greeting for all patients
- Guide patient through use of self-arrival technology or check-in patient at desk depending on patient preference
- Collect copayments and any other applicable patient payments at the point of service
- Confirm and/or update patient registration information at checkout
- Schedule follow-up appointments within the practice at checkout
- Schedule or connect patient to resources to schedule for ancillary services at checkout
- Help patients navigate the healthcare system by providing clear and understandable instructions.
- Provides follow-up to unresolved patient questions or needs to ensure the appropriate continuity of care.
- Register patients in Biometrics (fingerprint recognition) program and explain benefits
- Promote MyUPMC patient portal and assist patients in registration when applicable
- Assist patients in education of financial responsibility and connect them to advocacy resources as needed
- Confirm/verify insurance benefits with the appropriate carrier via online verification systems or telephone inquiries
- Obtain signature of patient or family member for consent to treatment and financial responsibility following the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) rules and regulations
- Completion of high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Experience with personal computer based applications, other various office equipment and proficient typing skills are preferred.
- Two years of experience in a medical / billing / fiscal or customer service function is preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is preferred.
- Prior experience with Medipac, Epic, or other health records systems is preferred.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an equal opportunity Employer/ Disability/ Veteran.
- Act 34 Criminal Clearance
- Act 33 Child Abuse Clearance
- Act 31 Child Abuse Recognition and Reporting Training
- Act 73 FBI Clearance
Salary Range: $13.73 to $20.98 / hour
Union Position: no
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.