Job DescriptionJob Title: Research Assoc Basic Science
Job ID: 90594942
Hours: 8:30am - 5:00pm
Shift: Day Job
Our research team is focused on understanding the mechanisms which lead to the generation of psychotic symptoms (delusions and hallucinations) which may occur in multiple disorders. These symptoms are core features of the most common psychotic disorder, schizophrenia, but also occur in about 50% of individuals with Alzheimer Disease. We have proposed that there are common genetic risk factors and vulnerable brain circuits that act together to cause positive symptoms across these disorders.
This position will be responsible for maintaining mouse colonies, conducting behavioral tests in mice, performing rodent survival and terminal procedures, conducting immunohistochemical assays, etc.
This position is grant funded.
Conducts and manages independent research, assists with grant applications and manuscript preparation and trains research personnel.
- Develop research projects including protocol design, budget preparation and justification, data collection and analysis and data storage.
- Effectively communicates progress of research projects via meetings with, and written reports to, research investigators.
- Plan and implement training programs for Research Assistants on research activities and practice including grant application, budget management, data analysis, record keeping and scientific integrity.
- Maintain and expand research expertise by acquiring new research techniques and keeping abreast of new knowledge.
- Responsible for following the mandatory reporting procedures for any incident or serious event that did affect or potentially could have affected the clinical care of any patient.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of grant applications including budget preparation and justification. Obtain approval for research projects from review committees. Assist in manuscript preparation.
- Conduct research in a manner that maintains and promotes scientific integrity, and ensure that research projects and environment comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Supervise research assistants and monitors budgets. Responsible for record keeping, inventory and equipment management.
- Master's degree in a basic science or clinical research area relevant to research activities to be performed with at least one year experience; OR Bachelor degree in a basic science with at least three years' experience working within a biomedical research environment, which would include coordinating and executing a research protocol including manuscript preparation.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment in the design and implementation of research projects.Interpersonal skills necessary to manage and train research personnel, and to effectively communicate and interface with faculty and hospital staff.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Salary Range: $18.79 to $31.23 / hour
Union Position: No
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.