Job DescriptionJob Title: Dietary Aide
Job ID: 93402989
Facility: UPMC Avalon Springs
Located in Mercer PA, Avalon Springs is a modern nursing facility located on a beautiful 40 acre campus. Every day its staff is dedicated to providing residents with the greatest quality of life by caring for the residents with compassion, dignity, and respect. If you are looking to jump start your career within a skilled nursing and rehab facility apply to Avalon Springs today!
This is a Part Time position working Variable Day/Evening Shifts.
Assists with food preparation, prepares trays, serves food in dining room and cleans after meals. Delivers and retrieves food carts from nursing units. Assists cook and cooks assistant as required.
- Completes all cleaning of work area and equipment, along with special cleaning assignments as directed to maintain sanitation standards.
- Sets up dining room according to predetermined menu, portions and prices to serve residents and visitors.
- Follows established performance standards and performs duties according to dietary service policies and procedures.
- Checks tray-line trays with menu cards in addition to performing other tray-line responsibilities of dietary aides such as: calling menu cards, operating cold food station, and operating the beverage station.
- Performs dish washing procedures on all meal trays, pots and pans and food service utensils and equipment.
- Prepares nourishments and places them in the nourishment station of the Nurses Station.
- Assists with resident food related activities and special functions.
- Follows Resident Rights policy and procedures at all times.
- Prepares trays and serves foods according to menus.
- Observes all facility safety policies and procedures.
- Assists in training of part-time dietary aides as assigned.
- Performs cleaning duties in kitchen, serving area, and resident dining area including keeping resident dining room tables clean.
- Assists in preparation of food as directed.
- Substitutes for cooks assistant on an as-needed basis.
- Reports for work as scheduled and consistently demonstrate dependability and punctuality.
- Attends in-service meetings and mandatory in-services.
- Prepares dining room for next meal
- Delivers and retrieves food carts to and from the nursing units.
- Checks food requisition needs on each nursing unit and replenishes to par level.
- Accepts assigned duties in a cooperative manner.
- Assists new employees in following established dietary and facility policies and procedures.
- Anticipates and acts to maintain a safe work environment. Incorporates safety/risk management standards into daily work practice.
- Serves food in dining room.
- Consistently works cooperatively and pleasantly with all staff, residents, family members and others.
- Collects trays and prepares dish washing.
- Observes Infection Control and Standard Precaution policies and procedures.
- Reports suspected or know resident abuse to the Director of Nursing or Administrator immediately.
- Prepares and portions foods as assigned according to directions to assure consistent quality of products.
- Answers telephone courteously when supervisor is not in immediate area.
High School Graduate or equivalent preferred.
Must be able to work well with residents and coworkers.
Positive interpersonal skills to interact with others.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Salary Range: $0 / hour
Union Position: Yes
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.