Job DescriptionJob Title: Physical Therapist - Home Health (Penn Hills, Verona and surrounding areas)
Job ID: 03257226
Shift: Day Job
Facility: UPMC Home Healthcare
Department: Physical Ther Nor Pod C
Are you an experience physical therapist with a passion for home care? Do you enjoy working one on one with patients in the comfort of their own home? If so, this is the role for you! The Home Health Physical Therapist will provide age sensitive professional physical therapy care in the home setting including admission visits, evaluation, instruction, and treatment to patients to maximize functional abilities and ensure optimal care.
This is a casual, per diem, Physical Therapist role.
Advises and consults with the family, inter-intradisciplinary team members, physicians and other professionals, as appropriate, to ensure optimal patient care.
- Assigns and supervises the Physical Therapy Assistant according to the guidelines of the State Board of Physical Therapy.
- Attends compliance training and adheres to the organization standards of conduct, policies and procedures.
- Continually develops professional skills by assuming responsibility for on-going continuing education.
- Establishes the plan of care in collaboration with the physician, patient and UM professional in accordance with the physician orders and patient needs and follows the admission process.
- Evaluates, plans and treats patients in an effective physical therapy program utilizing diagnostic, muscle, nerve, joint and functional ability testing within the standards of Physical Therapy Practice. Makes recommendations and orders necessary DME when indicated.
- Focuses on customer service and continually strives to perform the duties of their job in a manner that will result in optimal satisfaction.
- Identifies, develops and participates in process improvement opportunities within the home health agency that will enhance the quality of services we provide.
- Maintains and completes all documentation promptly and accurately including visit assessment, OASIS, 485 and Verbal Orders on the laptop device or in written documentation while in the patient's home and within the agency and regulatory standards. Data syncs (transmits) information same day.
- Participates in on-call coverage rotation for the agency.
- Performs duties and job responsibilities in a fashion which coincides with the service management philosophy of UPMC/Jefferson Regional Home Health, L.P. towards patients, visitors, staff, peers, physicians and other departments within the organization.
- Graduate from a physical therapy curriculum approved by: The American Physical Therapy Association; or The Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation of the American Medical Association; or The Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association and the American Physical Therapy Association; OR
- Prior to January 1, 1996: Was admitted to membership by the American Physical Therapy Association; or Was admitted to registration by the American Registry of Physical Therapist; or Has graduated from a physical therapy curriculum in a 4-year college or university approved by a State department of education; OR
- Has 2 years appropriate experience as a physical therapist and has achieved a satisfactory grade on a proficiency examination conducted, approved, or sponsored by the U.S. Public Health Service except that such determinations of proficiency do not apply with respect to persons initially licensed by a State or seeking qualification as a physical therapist after December 31, 1977; OR
- Was licensed or registered prior to January 1, 1966, and prior to January 1, 1970, had 15 years of full time experience in the treatment of illness or injury through the practice of physical therapy in which services were rendered under the order and direction of attending and referring doctors of medicine or osteopathy; OR
- If trained outside the United States, was graduated since 1928 from a physical therapy curriculum approved in the country in which there is a member organization of the World Confederation for Physical Therapy; OR
- Meets the requirements for membership in a member organization of the World Confederation for Physical Therapy.
- Minimum one (1) year clinical experience to practice without supervision or less than one (1) year if practicing under supervision, i.e., ALF/PCH.
- May in the course of their job duties be in rooms where medications are stored.
- No contact with medications is allowed.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- Act 33 Child Clearance
- Act 34 Criminal Clearance
- Automotive Insurance
- Basic Life Support or Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
- Driver's License
- Older Adult Protective Services Act
- Physical Therapist
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Salary Range: $28.86 to $46.22 / hour
Union Position: No
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.