Job DescriptionJob Title: Chef - Sherwood Oaks - (Full-Time)
Job ID: 61195339
Facility: Sherwood Oaks Retirement Community
Department: Dining Services
UPMC Senior Communities at Sherwood Oaks is currently seeking a Full-Time Chef!
The Chef will coordinate and assist with the activities of assigned personnel involved with preparation, service and clean-up of food for retail operations, patient service and/or catered events provided by the UPMC Food Service Department.
- Coordinate all catering, retail and patient service kitchen food production activities including, but not limited to: determining quantities to be prepared; appropriate food production methods and recipe adherence; appropriate portioning, plate assembly and merchandising; distribution of products to all points of service; food protection and storage techniques; inspection of purchased raw materials/supplies; completion and accounting of food production records.
- Perform quality accountability procedures both on an ongoing individual basis and in coordination with patient and non-patient managers/supervisors.
- Monitor performance of catering kitchen equipment, notify Food Service Management of malfunctions, initiate corrective action.
- Emphasize the importance of excellence in service guests and staff.
- Assist with supervision of sanitary maintenance of kitchen, performs daily cleaning tasks.
- Assist with human resource functions under the direction of Food Service Management.
- Instruct and assist all kitchen food production staff in preparation of products.
- Evaluate smell, taste, texture, temperature, appearance and recipe adherence of food produced.
- Ensure adherence to standards in all phases of operation to include retail, patient service and catering.
HS diploma/GED required
Two years quantity food prep. experience required
Formal culinary training with cert./degree preferred
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Act 34 Criminal Clearance
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Salary Range: $13.94 to $21.26 / hour
Union Position: No
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.