We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Senior Marketing & Proposal Coordinator in our growth-oriented engineering, environmental consulting, and construction firm. The position is ideal for candidates with a passion for writing and creative thinking; who are self-driven, efficient with deadlines, and able to work effectively with diverse teams of engineers, marketers, and design staff to create amazing products. The successful candidate will partner and work closely with senior marketing and sales leaders on tracking opportunities; creating persuasive proposals, presentations, and marketing materials; and maintaining systems and tools to promote overall efficiency and effectiveness. The position provides a variety of sales and marketing support functions as outlined below.
This position can be located in one of the following offices: Andover, NJ, New York City, Radnor, MA or Rocky Hill, CT.
The Senior Marketing Coordinator will partner and work closely with senior marketing and sales leaders in the development of marketing products that deliver maximum exposure to new and existing business prospects. The primary focus is on creating persuasive proposals and presentations; tracking and pre-positioning; and maintaining systems and tools to promote overall efficiency and effectiveness. The position provides a variety of sales and marketing support functions as outlined below.
- Proposal and Presentation Development – Facilitate company sales and marketing processes to help teams pre-position and respond to multiple concurrent pursuits. Processes include coordinating and contributing to all elements of persuasive pursuits, including: research, writing, formatting, proofreading, editing, and production. Effectively manage resources such as administrative support and coordination with graphics professionals and subject matter experts.
- Marketing Information – Manage the process to create and maintain well-organized, up-to-date qualification statements, project descriptions and photographs, and resumes that reflect firm strengths and client benefits. Includes writing, researching, and editing material.
- Client Development – Provide general business development support to facilitate client contact by client service managers and client service teams, including tactical action planning and tracking, assembling information packages, and organizing client workshops and special events.
- Opportunity Tracking – Provide timely entry of accurate and complete opportunity information in company tracking system, monitoring and working with client service managers to populate sales funnel. Use systems and tools to fullest potential for tracking pursuits, including tagging and sharing products and debrief information.
- Performance Indicators – Report key sales performance results to help staff assess results.
- Growth Initiatives and Business Development – Coordinate with managers and other marketers to implement company and regional initiatives. Contribute to company marketing process improvements.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Communications, English, Journalism, or Marketing), and three years of experience in a related marketing role in the engineering, environmental, architecture, and/or construction industries.
- Demonstrated strong technical writing, editing, and proofreading skills (selected candidates must complete an editing and writing test).
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work independently as well as in team environments, often under tight deadlines.
- Successful proposal and interview coordinator – experience responding to RFQs/RFPs and performing all aspects of production.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with emphasis on superior persuasive writing, presentation, and interview coaching ability.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Adobe InDesign Suite
About Brown and Caldwell
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, Calif., Brown and Caldwell is a full-service environmental engineering and construction firm with 52 offices and 1,700+ professionals across North America and the Pacific. For more than 70 years, we have created leading-edge environmental solutions for municipalities, private industry, and government agencies. We strive to be the company of choice—to our clients, who benefit from our passion for delivering exceptional quality, and to our employees, present and future, who share our commitment to client service, collaboration, and innovation. Join us, and you will find a home where you can do your best work, reach new levels of expertise, and enjoy exceptional development opportunities. For more information, visit
This position is subject to a pre-employment background check and a pre-employment drug test.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Brown and Caldwell does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement and approved engagement request with Brown and Caldwell, Brown and Caldwell reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
Brown and Caldwell is proud to be an EEO/AAP Employer. Minorities/Women/Disabled/Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)